IMU won't calibrate
6527 5 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dyken
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,

I purchased a spark after my Mavic took a hard crash and I needed a cheaper vacation drone.

I used it about 5 flights on vacation back in the winter. When I got home I tried to fly again and i'm advised in the APP to do an IMU calibration. I do this and it succeeds but the warning for IMU calibration simply stays and prevents take off. I calibrate the compass as well but all this does is nothing and I now own a drone for very short flight times and it already is acting up. Between My mavic with its Vision errors and my Spark having IMU errors and non flies i'm loosing faith that DJI makes drones that are user friendly. I feel we spend more time updating and calibrating drones then flying them.

Can anyone in Drone land shed any light on why my spark after such short time is not allowing IMU calibration?

I don't want to spend hours sending in reports and paying money all over to get something fixed that simply shouldnt need any fixing at this point. Its literally new.

HElp.

2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know  If you are receiving an error message? Did you try to restore the factory defaults of the aircraft using DJI Assistant 2? What is the current firmware of your aircraft? Please check this link to download DJI Assistant 2: (https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads). Kindly check the video tutorial below on how to process IMU calibration.

2018-7-10
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

I've found it critical that you have a flat, smooth, and level surface for calibration. A good calibration cleared up any problems I had had with it going to ATTI mode.
2018-7-11
Use props
ronan tahiti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 736473 ft
Fiji

Hi.

If you start the spark and let it "warm up" for one to two minutes, does the IMU warning stay or does everything come back to normal and you can fly?

My drone is doing this: at start ,IMU calibration required, gyroscope bar is fully red and two minutes later it goes in green , and I can fly without problem...
2018-7-11
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

There is no need to do any calibration unless it is really necessary.
They say  if you cant use them, give it to someone else to use !
2018-7-12
Use props
djiuser_bg3qOydhOo0r
New

United States

I have a p4p and my Imu will not calibrate I can start the process and maybe 20seconds into it tells me error 45 and 50 and I’m stuck just did a firmware download and this happens before that it was fine anybody know what to do. And mavic pro 2 is doing fine after the download
2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules