Best Tablet to fly with ?
1330 7 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3qeCkohgNDi0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1611 ft

Hi all I am brandnew to your group, I just purchased my Spark fly more combo on 7 July 2018 and I have only flown it once two take offs and two landings on my deck. and that was just to try and learn the controles on the remote. My question as seen above is what is the best tablet to use to fly with ? I have a samsung Galexy S7 Edge as my phone but when its in the holder all the phones buttons are covered up and if the screen goes blank i cant get to them to wake it back up. I have an apple IPad and I purchased an apple cable that takes the reguler size USB plug on one end and has the lighting plug on the other end, So using the cable that came with the controler I can plug the micro usb end into the controler and then the other end with the adapter into my Ipad but it tells me that the Ipad cant be used because it needs to much power, that one threw me all i wanted was not to have to use wifi and have a wired conection. so thats why the question What tablet are you all using and what tablet mount did you get to hold it on the remote?

Sorry for the long Post and if its been asked before sorry for the nob question

Respectfully
Mark
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Please check the attachment below for the list of compatible devices for your spark. Take note that OTG cable is now fully supported for Android devices only.

spark recommended devices.PNG
2018-7-10
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

I use an Ipad Mini 4 wifi.  I use my personal phone as a hotspot and connect the mini to it so I have live google maps.  I shut off bluetooth on both the iphone and ipad.  I use OTG cable to connect to RC.  No issues with this setup.
2018-7-10
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I also use an iPad mini 4... the trouble with using many phones is that they were sold / purchased as 'phones' and usually have very little memory. By using a dedicated device (iPad)  you can buy one with as much memory as you can get and have space to store the cache videos and photos from the spark.  With my phone I was constantly running out of storage.   

You will need to buy an OTG adapter in order to use your USB connection to the RC.  BUt i have tried using that and found that it was no better than using Wifi so I don't use it anymore.
2018-7-10
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft

Although I normally prever using Android devices, I use an iPad mini 2 dedicated for my Spark. Nice clear screen and it fits perfectly tight between the arms of the RC. Performance of the Mini 2 is still good enough for the app. I use this 150 mm OTG cable, also fits perfectly. Never had any issue with this combination.
10-7-2018 22-03-39.png
2018-7-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini 4           
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_3qeCkohgNDi0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1611 ft

if you are all using i pads how are you using the otg cables ? i have the ipad not the air or mini and when i plug it into the controller it tells me it can not be used because it is using to much power, my samsung galaxy s7 edge also appears to not be able to use an otg cable i am using the white cable usb to micro usb cable that came with the fly more combo and a adapter that goes from usb female to micro usb and nothing I still have to use wifi what am i doing wrong ?
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_3qeCkohgNDi0 Posted at 2018-7-11 10:15
if you are all using i pads how are you using the otg cables ? i have the ipad not the air or mini and when i plug it into the controller it tells me it can not be used because it is using to much power, my samsung galaxy s7 edge also appears to not be able to use an otg cable i am using the white cable usb to micro usb cable that came with the fly more combo and a adapter that goes from usb female to micro usb and nothing I still have to use wifi what am i doing wrong ?

Hi, unfortunately, OTG cable is not yet recommended with our spark. I would recommend using a wi-fi connection for the mean-time.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules