Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loss of control and fly away
537 7 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VDC.Tech
lvl.1
United States

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting, but want to say that a lot of your discussions has helped me and my co-workier with most of our drone questions.....so Thank you.  Unfortunately, yesterday we had our first fly away.  We were luckily able to retrieve it with no harm done to it or anyone/anything.  I was hoping someone in this group might have a possible solution or at least a little help.  We were doing a topo flight using the DJI GSPro app.  We did all of our calibrations a few days before, and had the flight set up ready to go.  We did our initial take off and landing inspection before hitting the start to fly button.  It went up and started the mission taking photos.  The first set of batteries got low and it returned to home.  We switched out the batteries and powered it back on.  After start up and green flashing lights, we resumed mission.  Drone went up started going back to its last location but instead of resuming it sat there waiting for us to press the final resume button, but we were unable to on the app (was faded out).  All of a sudden it started flying away from us even further.  We cancelled the mission and tried initiating the RTH, but pressing the button on the app and on the controller did not work.  It finally started to land and we were getting the beeping for the clash avoidance, and it gently landed in a field, but again, it didnt return to home.  Has anyone had this happen before?  Does anyone know a way to make sure this doesnt happen again?  This was the fifth time we were flying that site and had no prior issues.

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you,
Trent
2018-7-10
Use props
UP Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft

Haven’t had a fly away before, but I often have problems when using the GSPro app and switching between it and dji go 4. For example I mapped the mission to go 1 meter a second and it will all of a sudden start going 20 mph once i switch to go 4. If dji could integrate the 2 apps into one that would probably reduce many of the problems.
2018-7-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm don't know what is the procedure of disengaging the mission in DJI GSPro, usually switch toggling P-A-P should do just that so you'll be able to regain aircraft control with RC. From there pressing (and holding until confirmation beep) RTH button should work. Practice this way to make sure it works.
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you see any error message showing on the screen while you're flying the aircraft? Is all firmware updated?
2018-7-11
Use props
VDC.Tech
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 01:53
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you see any error message showing on the screen while you're flying the aircraft? Is all firmware updated?

There were no errors showing on screen.  It was waiting for us to hit the resume flight button, but it was faded out and when we hit it, nothing happened.  All firmware was up to date.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

VDC.Tech Posted at 2018-7-11 04:42
There were no errors showing on screen.  It was waiting for us to hit the resume flight button, but it was faded out and when we hit it, nothing happened.  All firmware was up to date.

I see. Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?
2018-7-11
Use props
VDC.Tech
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 04:53
I see. Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?

We did not.  Updated from DJI Go4 app.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

VDC.Tech Posted at 2018-7-11 05:39
We did not.  Updated from DJI Go4 app.

Can you go ahead and try to refresh the firmware? You can download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer. Here's the link:

For Windows: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.2.4.zip
For Apple: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.2.4.pkg
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules