New guy here, need help getting a good setup
3034 6 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s4boost
New

United States

I bought a phantom 2 recently and am very happy with the purchase. I would like to get a full setup with a go pro, gimbal,RC mount, Id also like to be able to view livestreams on my iPhone as well as program flight patterns. Can you guys let me know what accessories I need to accomplish that? I'm unsure of what all the different things do and what their compatibility is with the phantom 2.

Also, I cannot seem to get the IOC to function. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get that to work correctly? Links work as well. Thank you for the help in advance!

2014-11-2
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

s4boost, good to see we have another Phantom flyer, and welcome to the addiction

I've made a few posts recommending the following set up I use and it works really well.
You won't be able to use your phone or tablet for viewing, but you can puchase an LCD for the same purpose below.

iOSD Mini

ImmersionRC 600mW

Plug and Play cable (I hate soldering)

Black Pearl FPV Monitor (Already Fatshark compatible)

Monitor Mount

Some other threads with similar questions from other users below:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=943
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1221

As for the IOC, you may need to switch your Phantom to Naza mode first. Phantoms ship with Phantom mode enabled and disable some extra features.

Hope this helps

2014-11-2
Use props
joeboone82
New

United States

Will the FC40 camera fit onto the Phantom 2?  It looks like the Phantom 2 and Vision+ are over $200 difference.  The FC40 camera is only about $80.  Although it might not be the same quality/definition of the Vision's camera, I was just wondering if that would be a cheaper alternative.  Thanks.
2014-11-3
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

joeboone82 Posted at 2014-11-4 02:48
Will the FC40 camera fit onto the Phantom 2?  It looks like the Phantom 2 and Vision+ are over $200  ...

It won't. Unless you want to spend a lot of hours retro fitting everything..It's not worth soldering and hacking away at your Phantom.
2014-11-3
Use props
s4boost
New

United States

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-3 13:23
s4boost, good to see we have another Phantom flyer, and welcome to the addiction

I've made a few ...

wow! thanks! you laid that out very nicely. we should sticky this! haha.

Any guess on cost to get from my current setup to what you are suggesting? I have to come to find that the drone is the least expensive part haha.
2014-11-3
Use props
s4boost
New

United States

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-3 13:23

I've made a few ...

Will the immersionrc work with my 2.4ghz controller?
2014-11-6
Use props
sunrunner
lvl.1
United States

I have a Phantom 2 (2.4mgz) and a Phantom 2 vision (5.8mgz).  I utilize my Android Galaxy 3 phone to FPV on the Phantom Vision.  I will be upgrading my Phantom 2 with FPV / Hero 3+ and am looking for a monitor that I can "interchange" with both Phantoms.  In other words, when I fly the Phantom 2 with FPV on 5.8ghz, and purchase a Black Pearl, can I use the Black Pearl when I fly my Phantom 2 vision which has a controller of 5.8ghz without interference.  I want to keep my budget in mind, and was hoping for a universal monitor that would work with both.  I would assume I can adjust the channel on the 5.8ghz.  Anyone with experience out there who can advise?  What monitor would work on both?  Thanks in advance.  
2014-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules