My Mavic turned off the GPS in mid-flight
2035 13 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nobre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 640476 ft
Brazil

During a flight in usual place, after HP began to appear several messages on the screen of the phone, then the aircraft turned off the GPS mode and began to fly sideways and without direction and without control. Almost died, they were 3 min of suffocation trying to bring the aircraft back.
Some considerations:
* I could never calibrate the compass
* My phone and an Iphone 6
* I tried to calibrate the compass and open place
  I do not speak English, I'm Brazilian. I used a translator.
* Sorry for the translation errors
* I would like to know how to put the flight LOG.

PS. I do not have the courage to take off and lose the "DRONE"

2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. To calibrate the compass of your drone please avoid metal objects that can interfere with the calibration process. I will post the official DJI video tutorial on how to calibrate the compass properly and I will also post the process on how to sync the flight records as well.

( ) - DJI Mavic Pro Compass Calibration.

( ) - DJI Mavic Exporting Flight Records.
2018-7-10
Use props
Nobre
lvl.1

Thanks for the tips, however before opening the discussion I had already tried all the tips available, on the DJI website, and the device manual. I'm very desperate because my "Drone" has turned only a table weight. Would you also like to know why DJI shuts off the GPS when both buses stop working? I almost lost the "Drone" because it became almost uncontrollable.
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nobre Posted at 2018-7-10 17:09
Thanks for the tips, however before opening the discussion I had already tried all the tips available, on the DJI website, and the device manual. I'm very desperate because my "Drone" has turned only a table weight. Would you also like to know why DJI shuts off the GPS when both buses stop working? I almost lost the "Drone" because it became almost uncontrollable.

Hi, sorry for what happened, I would suggest flying your aircraft in an open area, please ensure that the IMU and compass are well calibrated especially when you're about to fly your drone in a different location and please do not fly in a hazardous environment, then before flying the drone, you have to check if your drone detecting enough GPS signal 18 or more is recommended.
2018-7-11
Use props
Nobre
lvl.1

Thanks for trying to help. But I do not think you understand me. I have never been able to calibrate Compass since I bought the aircraft. the problem persists in flights made anywhere, from football field or countryside. Flights are always started after the GPS marks the Home Point. I think it's a chronic problem because there are dozens of people complaining about the same problem on the internet.
2018-7-11
Use props
Nobre
lvl.1

I believe that the only way will be to bring the courts to justice. because there is no warranty service in Brazil.
2018-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.
2018-7-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Nobre Posted at 2018-7-11 17:02
Thanks for trying to help. But I do not think you understand me. I have never been able to calibrate Compass since I bought the aircraft. the problem persists in flights made anywhere, from football field or countryside. Flights are always started after the GPS marks the Home Point. I think it's a chronic problem because there are dozens of people complaining about the same problem on the internet.

But I do not think you understand me. I have never been able to calibrate Compass since I bought the aircraft. the problem persists in flights made anywhere

When you say have never been able to calibrate Compass -

a) Do you mean Compass calibration always fails and you have been flying your Mavic Pro with GO-4 App showing Warning / Error on display with need to Calibrate Compass?
- or -
b) Do you mean, you can calibrate Mavic Pro compass for a flight, but on next flight you have to again calibrate Compass before flying?

2018-7-11
Use props
Nobre
lvl.1
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-11 20:14
But I do not think you understand me. I have never been able to calibrate Compass since I bought the aircraft. the problem persists in flights made anywhere

Option (a)
2018-7-12
Use props
Nobre
lvl.1
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-11 17:16
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

I can not always upload the file from the error. "
"Error: Upload timed out. If this continues to happen, please contact Mike@PhantomHelp.com."
2018-7-12
Use props
Nobre
lvl.1
Brazil

2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Based on coordinates of where you were flying, outside in open area, the strong, very weak, to weak GPS signal is bothersome.  Coupled with problem of never being able to calibrate compass, there appears to be something wrong with drone.
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Nobre Posted at 2018-7-12 13:08
I can not always upload the file from the error. "
"Error: Upload timed out. If this continues to happen, please contact ."

That may be result of poor (to slow) internet connection.  You might try uploading file again at different time of day or from a different internet connection.
2018-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There may be something wrong with your GPS receiver.
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules