Canon 5D iv Focus Wheel Help!!
7640 15 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony Bogdan
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi Guys,

So finally my ronin s arrived today just in time for a shoot tomorrow the only thing is the focus wheel is not working! There is so little information on this and have been trying to sort it all day! Am I missing somthing? or does it just not work? My start stop button works, just not my focus wheel.

Any help would be much appreicated. I cant take it anymore haha
2018-7-10
Use props
6IU220W5BiNZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652733 ft
United States

Need to download the latest firmware on the Ronin S. https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads The software is on the left side of the page. Once you download it conect the your Ronin to your computer after installing and opening the Ronin assitant software. Follow the instructions to update the firmware. Make sure to use the corect cable. You may or may not need a micro to mini USB adapter, but I'm not sure what connection the Mk VI uses. My MK III needed the adapter. If needed just buy one on amazon.
2018-7-10
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

does no one read the spec sheet? The only 2 cameras that the focus wheel works for right now is gh5 / gh5s.
2018-7-11
Use props
rbendjebar.mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>

Alessandro Garabaghi Posted at 2018-7-11 04:16
does no one read the spec sheet? The only 2 cameras that the focus wheel works for right now is gh5 / gh5s.

If you would read the release notes for the latest FW update (1.2.0.10), you would know that the Nikon D850 and Canon 5D4 are both now capable of using the focus wheel to control focus with use of the type C cable connection.

I am using the Ronin S and 5D4 and the focus wheel works when lens AF is turned off.
2018-7-11
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

would ya look at that.... sounds like user error then.
2018-7-11
Use props
Anthony Bogdan
lvl.1

Denmark

Alessandro Garabaghi Posted at 2018-7-11 09:23
would ya look at that.... sounds like user error then.

There is always one un helpful bell end on these forums! and congratulations on it being you this week.
2018-7-12
Use props
Anthony Bogdan
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-11 03:52
Anthony, currently, pulling focus is not available for Canon 5D IV, we will updates in the next firmware, sorry for the inconvenience.[view_image]

Perfect! Thanks for your help
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Anthony Bogdan Posted at 2018-7-12 01:36
Perfect! Thanks for your help

Hi Anthony, correction here, the new firmware which released on Jun 28 has supported this function. Please kindly update the Ronin to the latest firmware. Sorry for the confusion.
If the issue persists after the firmware update, please check if the camera settings are correct and ensure that the focus wheel is mounted properly, you can refer to the screenshot below or check this link. lens.png

2018-7-12
Use props
fans090f125c
lvl.1
United States

rbendjebar.mac Posted at 2018-7-11 06:31
If you would read the release notes for the latest FW update (1.2.0.10), you would know that the Nikon D850 and Canon 5D4 are both now capable of using the focus wheel to control focus with use of the type C cable connection.

I am using the Ronin S and 5D4 and the focus wheel works when lens AF is turned off.

what is a type c cable connection
2018-8-24
Use props
fansdb1f5aaa
lvl.1

Focus wheel works well on my 5D MK IV. (Latest update on the Canon required, mine was never updated till now). I do not manage to get focusing by half-pressing gimbals Camera Control. Is it working, do I miss something in the settings? I tried with AF on and AF off.
2018-8-25
Use props
fans7c713833
New
Greece

Forthe Mark iv you have the lens at af at the video you disable servo focus and the wheel works grear. My consern is that it takes a lot of turns to focus with the wheel.
2018-9-16
Use props
Nik Ritz
New
Greece

There is one way to use the follow focus at the Mark IV. Set your lens at Auto focus, then at your video settings disable servo focus (it is at the bottom left at your mark iv when recording video). Hoped that helped.
2018-9-17
Use props
Herwig Niggeman
lvl.1

Nik Ritz Posted at 2018-9-17 13:46
There is one way to use the follow focus at the Mark IV. Set your lens at Auto focus, then at your video settings disable servo focus (it is at the bottom left at your mark iv when recording video). Hoped that helped.

Thanks it works!!! Great. Not easy to find though. Only with your help
2018-9-20
Use props
AIM concepts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413241 ft
Netherlands

does no one read the spec sheet? The only 2 cameras that the focus wheel works for right now is gh5 / gh5s.

outdated reply, but even still at the time of the original post... not true... My 5DIV worked fine, just not every lens worked accordingly...
2019-4-8
Use props
AIM concepts
lvl.1
Netherlands

Outdated reply, but even still at the time of the original post... not true... My 5DIV worked fine, just not every lens worked accordingly...
2019-4-8
Use props
AIM concepts
lvl.1
Netherlands

I do like to add to the topic that even with the latest firmware I still have similar problem when using my 5DIV in combination with the EF 24-70 f./2.8 L USM II lens. While on MF pulling the focus wheel either way, it switches focus from 'full-back' to 'full-front' on both focus ends. I tried every setting but nothing seems to correct it. Any ideas?

What type of lens are you using with the 5DIV which renders this problem? All my other lenses seem to work fine (8-15 fish-eye, 16-35 f./2.8 L III, 85 f./1.4 L IS II, 70-200 f./2.8 L IS II)
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules