how long is the range on the phantom?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spadekevin
lvl.1

India

Hello,

So I have used an FPV 200mw for some time, and it works fine. The range is about 500 meter which I will increase with new anteannas.

But how long is the range on the phantom? And what about obstacles? The antennas that goes for the FPV and phantom hardware seems to be the same. So why should my phantom reach longer than 500 meters with almost the same frequenzy?

I just want to be sure to not suddenly have it crash or not being able to control it for something like 1000 meter. Can I change antenna or something? And to which kind?

Also I seem to have quite some trouble catching gps signal now and then, and have to wait like 5 min. Sometimes I just start and fly up, to then catch the GPS signals easier. Anyone know about improving this?
Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://phantompilots.com/thread ... nd-gps-signal.3175/
Weather Forecast Video

Thank you

2018-7-10
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

What Phantom are you using? A P3S or P3A/P?
2018-9-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If this isn't a Twilight Zone thread, then I don't know what is.  It's an odd OP to say the least.  The post he linked to was written in Oct 2013, and he pretty much copied and pasted that post to here.  The P2V was released in fall 2013.  The 2013 OP was probably referring to the original Phantom before they started numbering them.   So yeah, what is the OP flying?  It could be anything.  
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules