Ronin S not starting?
27782 23 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfa3a948a
New

Hi,

I just received my Ronin S. I balanced the camera and tried to start it. First the battery, then the gimbal as described in the quick start: Unfortunately, the light just blinks slowly on the number 1 and the motors are not starting. I already tried to double tab the power button, no response...

What should I do? Is there a trick I don't know yet?

Best regards
Mich Kuffer

2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mich, glad to know you have received the Ronin-S, please activate the device firstly before any operation. Here are the steps to activate the device. GTScreenshot_20180711_171940.png
2018-7-11
Use props
fansfa3a948a
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-11 01:21
Hi Mich, glad to know you have received the Ronin-S, please activate the device firstly before any operation. Here are the steps to activate the device.[view_image]

Hi, I tried this but the Ronin is not shown in my app (yes I have Bluetooth on)
2018-7-11
Use props
fansfa3a948a
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-11 01:21
Hi Mich, glad to know you have received the Ronin-S, please activate the device firstly before any operation. Here are the steps to activate the device.[view_image]

Ok I got it! Thanks a lot =)
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfa3a948a Posted at 2018-7-11 01:31
Ok I got it! Thanks a lot =)

Glad to know you have figured it out, hope you have a great experience with Ronin-S.
2018-7-11
Use props
alunconstable
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi - having a similar issue. Battery charged and turned on, gimbal turned on, beeps, but motors do not fire up. DJI assistant sees gimbal but won't connect despite close range, bluetooth on etc. Gimbal is just lifeless - what can I do?
2019-2-5
Use props
alunconstable
lvl.1

United Kingdom

alunconstable@gmail.com Posted at 2-5 11:17
Hi - having a similar issue. Battery charged and turned on, gimbal turned on, beeps, but motors do not fire up. DJI assistant sees gimbal but won't connect despite close range, bluetooth on etc. Gimbal is just lifeless - what can I do?

it's brand new out of the box btw
2019-2-5
Use props
euskodrone
New

Spain

Hello, I have the same problem
2019-2-5
Use props
djiuser_R6nhlxPAJHrt
New
United States

I also got mine brand new out of the box and had the same issue. I was able to connect it to the ronin to the app, but it remained non-responsive and lifeless. I’ve since contacted DJI to hopefully resolve this issue.
2019-3-17
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the machine in “motor pause”? I just bought one too and it was also limp. I went in and turned off the “motor pause” (if memory serves) and that fires the motors right up.
2019-3-17
Use props
arron2106
New
Ireland

same problem here. my ronin s fully charged and balanced but motor wont turn on even if both green lights are on. anyone have any solutions
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

arron2106 Posted at 5-20 09:27
same problem here. my ronin s fully charged and balanced but motor wont turn on even if both green lights are on. anyone have any solutions

Hi arron2106, may I verify if you have connected to the APP to activate the Ronin-S first?
2019-5-21
Use props
jenn
New
Italy

I'm having the same issue. I've been using it for two months and when I powered it up today to update the firmware the motors won't start and I have the slow blinking green light. It's connected in the app, but I can't auto tune because it says the motors aren't running. I'm in Italy for a shoot and need this to work ASAP. Any solutions??
2019-5-22
Use props
George Crudo Photography
lvl.2

United States

I just received a Ronin S replacement for one that had a balance issues. I cannot activate it. When I try, I receive an error message stating "Server verification error. Restart Ronin app"
I have the latest firmware installed and I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing the app
2019-6-16
Use props
flychewy
New
United States

Have we got a solution for this?

I've got the Ronin-S, out of the box, charge, balanced and powered up...nothing.  Just a slow green blink.

Can't connect to DJI Assistant or connect to the App.  I've tried everything.
2019-7-19
Use props
DPR
New

United States

I'm experiencing the exact same issue...  Activation seemed to work fine (I can see in the app that the Ronin S is communicating and the firmware version reads as 1.8.0.70).  However, around 5 seconds after the Ronin powers on, it switches to "Motor Pause" (slowly blinking green light).  

During that first 5 seconds, I can manually use the control knob on the gimbal to move the camera around and it works.  I can also -- in those first 5 seconds -- go into the app and choose "recenter" and sure enough it works just fine, so the motors are obviously working.

Attempting to toggle the "Motor Pause" in the app just results in the toggle option almost immediately going back to ON and the light stays slowly blinking green.    So essentially this is just a very expensive paper weight at this point.  

I wonder if there's a way to do a "hard reset" to restore everything back to factory, including not being activated.  
2019-8-18
Use props
mgritts22
New

United States

flychewy Posted at 2019-7-19 07:37
Have we got a solution for this?

I've got the Ronin-S, out of the box, charge, balanced and powered up...nothing.  Just a slow green blink.

I ran into the "slow blink" issue with my Ronin S running firmware 2.1.1.0.  I managed to fix it by following these steps.

Power down everything.
Power up battery.
Power up unit (encounters slow blink).
Click "Power" button on unit once more.
Motors then engage.
2020-1-4
Use props
hanselardisongmail.com
New

Indonesia

djiuser_R6nhlxPAJHrt Posted at 2019-3-17 08:48
I also got mine brand new out of the box and had the same issue. I was able to connect it to the ronin to the app, but it remained non-responsive and lifeless. I’ve since contacted DJI to hopefully resolve this issue.

Same problem with mine. Any solution here?
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_ai5eiCQLD8wC
New

Egypt

DPR Posted at 2019-8-18 21:09
I'm experiencing the exact same issue...  Activation seemed to work fine (I can see in the app that the Ronin S is communicating and the firmware version reads as 1.8.0.70).  However, around 5 seconds after the Ronin powers on, it switches to "Motor Pause" (slowly blinking green light).  

During that first 5 seconds, I can manually use the control knob on the gimbal to move the camera around and it works.  I can also -- in those first 5 seconds -- go into the app and choose "recenter" and sure enough it works just fine, so the motors are obviously working.

Did u fix it? As im fixing same problem with my new ronins
2020-3-19
Use props
TxState
lvl.1

United States

Did anyone get an honest answer on this?   Brand new Ronin S.  Worked great.  Did the update and now the gimble will not power on. No lights at all!  Dead.  Battery is fully charged.

no clue what happened.  all of a sudden it started working.   Poltergeist I guess
2021-7-2
Use props
fansbfbcc146
New

United States

DPR Posted at 2019-8-18 21:09

THIS ISSUE IS RIDICULOUS.

I also have a brand new out of the box Ronin S and have this same exact issue. I see someone below answering with a simple "click power and motors engage" solution and this of course is not working. I cannot find an answer to this issue. Getting ready to return this device which is a shame because I really need it for an upcoming shoot.

It's truly a shame that this thread hasn't been addressed by DJI more than their response that simply explains how to activate the device on the app. We clearly have done so and still haven't been provided a solution.
2021-11-2
Use props
Nertil Ceci
New

Albania

2023-4-18
Use props
Nertil Ceci
New

Albania

2023-4-18
Use props