FAA rules for baggage
620 4 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

What are the carry on rules for a Mavic pro batteries? I'm getting ready to take a trip and would like to take my drone and 3 batteries? Do they need to be in a special carryon?

Has anyone run into problems? I hate to get in line then them tell me I cant carry them on and have to toss $270.00 in the trash
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. Most airlines allow drones on carry on baggage (batteries removed and sealed). However this is still subject to their policy, I would highly suggest to contact your airline for specific instructions on how to travel with drones. You can also check their website if available for FAQ for this cases. Hope this helps!
2018-7-11
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

LiPo and Lithium batteries should be carried in hand luggage, the FFA might have a requirement for them to be capped or in lipo bags but you'll have to check with the airport and airline to be sure.

LiPo and Lithium batteries should NOT go in the hold as the drastic change in temperature can cause them to blow up, I also believer that the fire suppression systems can't deal with them either.
2018-7-11
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft

See https://www.faa.gov/about/office ... s_and_batteries.pdf
2018-7-11
Use props
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

great info thanks