Phantom 3 4k "gimbal disconnected" error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e510449
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ever since the last time I travelled with it in an airplane I've had problems with the camera feed and the sd card. I've been trying to fix it ever since but to no success. I've successfully taken it on an airplane in the past with no problems, but I wondered if there was any possiblity any of the scanners had messed with it. Also, I did disconnect the gimbal for transport so I wondered if cables had got damaged during that process.
There appear to be multiple problems. The main one is that I get a black feed on my screen and cannot record video or take photos. The second is that it can't see the micro sd card and so I can't update the software (it's a phantom 3 4k so I have to do it through the app, I can't load it up on my pc). This is less important a problem as far as I can tell but it's often suggested as a solution to the first problem. I've tried connecting multiple devices and reinstalling the app. The drone flies absolutely fine and mechanically the gimbal works fine as well. It does it's dance on startup and then stays level for a few seconds before then hanging limp. Most recently I've tried changing some of the cables connected to the gimbal, but it hasn't made a difference.
The android app says "image transmission weak" and the iOS app says "gimbal disconnected". I've tried using a Oneplus 2 and an iPad Mini, neither of which are officially supported but have both worked fine in the past.

Is this likely to be a software or a hardware problem? Is it worth replacing the ribbon cable? I'd really appreciate any thoughts any of you have on this!!

2018-7-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like you are on the right track with  flat ribbon cable replacement.   Look for nicks or bad connections.
2018-7-11
Use props
JJM17
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-11 07:28
Sounds like you are on the right track with  flat ribbon cable replacement.   Look for nicks or bad connections.

Yeah I've looked and can't spot anything, I'm not sure if that's the problem though given the sd card also can't be read, and I think that problem started at the same time.
2018-7-11
Use props
Coupee46
New

United States

hi, did you ever get this resolved?  Im having gimbal disconnected and at the same time my SD card says invalid.. but this seems to be happening when i get lift though the gimbal up and down motion works still but im unable to record, take pictures and the sd card goes to NA
2018-10-20
Use props
Pablo Phantom
lvl.1

Argentina

Hello, good day I'm from Argentina and I have the same problem with my phantom 3 4k and until now I could not find a solution and I would like to know if someone from DJI could tell me why this is wrong and how it is solved or if someone from the forum he could solve already thank you very much.
2018-11-21
Use props
fansba76578b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93461 ft

United States

They just want use to continue to upgrade so there will be no fix for this even though your full drone works you just can't see anything is bull ... this was meant to happen seeing how it's happening to so many of us.
2020-7-2
Use props
fansba76578b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93461 ft

United States

I've stayed by you guys for years but now it's all about money with you no longer about the craft and the supposers 2ho stood behind you
2020-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules