Atti mode
596 12 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

I have been reading a lot about the need to be able to fly in the Atti mode. And the fact that a Spark cannot be manually placed in that mode. Specifically to get a feel on how to recover a drone that has lost GPS information. Personally I dread the day when this happens to me and I have had zero experience with this kind of flying. By the time you figure out what you are doing you may have already gotten out of range and experienced a fly-away. Basically as a result of DJI denying you the ability to familiarize yourself with how to fly this way.

It would be extremely beneficial if DJI would release an update where the default action of the Fn button on the RC could toggle Atti/GPS.

My gut feel is that we, buyers/users of the Spark, are too far down the food-chain to get the attention of anyone at DJI to actually consider this.

However, one can only try and hope. Any user support out there?

2018-7-11
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Already suggested: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=156185

Mirek
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for inquiring, the ATTI mode will appear in any case that the GPS signal is weak or the compass is interrupted by interference, your aircraft may switch to this status and some features are disabled under this status and in any case that you encounter this concern I would recommend landing your aircraft to appropriate location and please fly your aircraft with an open areas where there are no interferences to avoid this kind of issues as well. Unfortunately, that status is not really recommended when you're flying your drone and you might be considered that as an error message as well that may affect massively to the performance of your aircraft.
2018-7-11
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

Tony, while I do appreciate you taking the time to respond I must let you know you have missed the point of this post entirely.
2018-7-11
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

I think if you read between the lines Tony is saying there are control issues in atti mode that you wouldn’t want to practice with and you may not be able to fly it so be in VLOS if you want a chance of retrieving it should the errors/malfunction occur.
2018-7-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-7-11 19:04
I think if you read between the lines Tony is saying there are control issues in atti mode that you wouldn’t want to practice with and you may not be able to fly it so be in VLOS if you want a chance of retrieving it should the errors/malfunction occur.

But aren't these control issues the same for all the phantoms, that HAVE a "now go to atti" switch?
2018-7-11
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

To modify the Spark to be able to select Atti Mode would be downgrading the capabilities of the Spark, which I doubt very much DJi would think of doing. Best option would be to be buy a cheap, non GPS Drone and practice manual flying..
2018-7-11
Use props
Johnhi30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19826 ft
New Zealand

I have to agree that having the ability to practice for an event that we will all experience at sometime would seem very logical, no modification would appear necessary beyond ignoring GPS via a custom switch and software. It would almost appear negligent to not practice Atti flying, is this not something someone cleaver could add to the Moded version of the App if DJI will not come to the party ?.
2018-7-11
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

Flighty Posted at 2018-7-11 22:30
To modify the Spark to be able to select Atti Mode would be downgrading the capabilities of the Spark, which I doubt very much DJi would think of doing. Best option would be to be buy a cheap, non GPS Drone and practice manual flying..

Downgrading? Absolutely FALSE. This modification would actually INCREASE the capabilities. NO capability would be removed.
2018-7-12
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Croatia

Going back to Atti Mode is basic mode!
2018-7-12
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

Buying a non-GPS drone would not provide the experience desired/needed.

The weight, mass and inertial differences would drastically affect the performance. NOT an effective option.

You cannot practice flying a Piper and expect to fly a 747.
2018-7-12
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Croatia

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-7-12 04:47
Buying a non-GPS drone would not provide the experience desired/needed.

The weight, mass and inertial differences would drastically affect the performance. NOT an effective option.

Correct,, but you have to start off in a Piper in order to end up in B747,,
2018-7-12
Use props
ken2run
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11263 ft
United States

i only tried atti mode when in test my spark indoor but its very dangerous when outside.
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules