329 7 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Trying something new so I made a video of the Gin Blossoms playing at our local music concert series. This was the first show of 2018. It was a beautiful day and I got some nice drone shots, but my video of the band was quite shakey. And I should have got more shots of the crowd. Oh well, it's ok for my first try merging LIVE music performance with drone shots.

2018-7-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work Bing      
2018-7-11
Use props
unhommelibre
Second Officer
Flight distance : 109268 ft
United States

Cool video! About how far away is the drone at the beginning of that opening shot? Just curious. It makes me nervous when my Spark gets about 1000 feet away. I've only ever done it twice, maybe I need to venture out more and get comfortable.
2018-7-11
Use props
piXal
lvl.2
Sweden

Nice video and cool to see all people from above. Thumbs up!
2018-7-11
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

unhommelibre Posted at 2018-7-11 13:50
Cool video! About how far away is the drone at the beginning of that opening shot? Just curious. It makes me nervous when my Spark gets about 1000 feet away. I've only ever done it twice, maybe I need to venture out more and get comfortable.

I think I was about 3/4 mile out. That shot is reversed BTW.
2018-7-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Great video, thank you very much! And from what I could see you gave a good example by keeping sufficient distance from the crowd, well done!
2018-7-11
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-11 14:09
Great video, thank you very much! And from what I could see you gave a good example by keeping sufficient distance from the crowd, well done!

yep, tried to keep it over the river the whole time.
2018-7-12
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks everyone for the great comments! Thanks A CW, unhommelibre, piXal, and Wachtberger for watching and replying! Rochester has these free concerts every Sunday but I'll only be able to attend every other Sunday. I definitely learned a few things and will try again with Lissie on July 22nd. I'm going to get more crowd shots next time and maybe capture the band performance from a tripod or something to make it more steady. I'm happy with how the audio turned out so I don't think I'll change anything with that. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks again!
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules