Wanted to like the spark - firmware failure, qcode fail, update fail
819 3 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vootie
New
Canada

Great build quality, terrible software - absolutely useless.

Open Box - charge batteries and controller.
install app. Open app (have to contantly select spark as default is Air - first indication of crap)
Activate Spark, can't read Q code - exit app restart.
Can't read Qcode, locate password - under battery and on box. enter password - fails.
restart app, phone, spark, controller - can't read qcode, password doesn't work (yes I did select spark wifi)
borrow wifes tablet, install app, type password fails, qcode fails.
O you have to press connect to spark first before you activate (yeah that's clear).
Press connect to device, different menu appears, qcode scan works (have to press silly little blue button).
Go back to my phone, follow same procedure - connect to device, scan qcode, activate spark.

Reopen software - firmware update available. Restart App 14 times to get it to complete download,
Download completes at 110% - Why not eh? extra files are always good right.
Restart app, select update firmware, fails at 10%.
Restart app, select update firmware fails at 22%.
restart app, select update firmware, stand on one leg for luck, firmware completes to 99%, then disconnects from wifi.
Can't reconnect no matter what I do - what a piece of crap.

2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello Vootie, we apologize for the inconvenience this have caused you. On the second phrase it says we have tried to update, so does this mean that the aircraft was activated successfully? If so, we can try to update it via DJI Assistant 2. You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads. You can also watch first the procedure below, please fast forward to 1:40 mins to see the instructions on how to update via Assistant 2:

2018-7-11
Use props
Vootie
New
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-11 14:43
Hello Vootie, we apologize for the inconvenience this have caused you. On the second phrase it says we have tried to update, so does this mean that the aircraft was activated successfully? If so, we can try to update it via DJI Assistant 2. You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads. You can also watch first the procedure below, please fast forward to 1:40 mins to see the instructions on how to update via Assistant 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRlV8fsVV0U

Tried two computers, two cables - assistant 2 does not see the spark.
The spark will power on and off but will not beep when I hold down the button for 9 seconds plus.
The rear blade lights are flashing really fast - like 4 times a second.

What next?
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Vootie Posted at 2018-7-11 16:19
Tried two computers, two cables - assistant 2 does not see the spark.
The spark will power on and off but will not beep when I hold down the button for 9 seconds plus.
The rear blade lights are flashing really fast - like 4 times a second.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Please make sure the firewall and antivirus software is off on your computer. Did you try using a different internet connection?
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules