Ronin S - 360 not working
15283 20 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J88jke
lvl.1
South Korea

Hi!

Still figuring out the features on the S and one I'm really keen to utilise is the 360 in flashlight. I'm following the instructions exactly as per the manual and a YouTube video I found online - set channel 1 to N/A and channel 3 to Roll. Simple enough!

However when I then sling it into flashlight position and press either left or right on the joystick (activating Roll on channel 3) it gets to maybe 30 degrees at best before shaking violently and usually slinging the camera upside down. Not quite the smooth 360 roll the guy had on YouTube...

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
2018-7-11
Use props
Ivo Baldzhiev
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Yes, I have experienced EXACTLY the same FRUSTRATING problem and it's really annoying. When I first got the Ronin-S the Roll 360 was working, but then I upgraded to firmware v1.2.0.10 and the same thing happens to me as J88jke explained above. I downgraded to v1.1 in hopes that the problem would stop, but it didn't...

Any suggestions, DJI?

P.S: Camera is balanced perfectly.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the difficulties with Ronin-S, just to verify, did you try the Auto Tune and system calibration before using?
You can try to raise the device by a unit (please refer to the following picture) or tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of the Pan motors is in the range of +/-5. If not, please balance again. GTScreenshot_20180712_184855.png GTScreenshot_20180712_185423.png
2018-7-12
Use props
Ivo Baldzhiev
lvl.2

Bulgaria

I fixed it. All I had to do was to rebalance the Pan Axis and made it as it is on the photo. Before it was almost all the way to the Roll motor and although when tilting the Ronin-S 45 degrees it didn't swing it seems that it was incorrectly balanced. Now it works as expected.
image.jpg
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ivo Baldzhiev Posted at 2018-7-12 03:57
I fixed it. All I had to do was to rebalance the Pan Axis and made it as it is on the photo. Before it was almost all the way to the Roll motor and although when tilting the Ronin-S 45 degrees it didn't swing it seems that it was incorrectly balanced. Now it works as expected.

Ivo, glad to know you have figured it out, hope you have a great experience with Ronin-S.
2018-7-13
Use props
Bernhard K
New
Austria

same problem but I don't get it fixxed... are there any good values out for the gh5 with the 18-35?
I tried for hours...
2018-7-30
Use props
Bernhard K
New
Austria

I fixed the problem after the 7th calibration.. (it always says excellent but it wasn't)

My settings:
GH5 + Metabones Speedbooster + Sigma 18-35 mm
Mounted on the Speedbooster.
Camera Right at: 3 (left side)

Pan Exactly on: 5

Roll on 0.2

Tilt on: 3.7

2018-7-30
Use props
Bozo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23822 ft

Germany

I fixed it. All I had to do was to rebalance the Pan Axis and made it as it is on the photo. Before it was almost all the way to the Roll motor and although when tilting the Ronin-S 45 degrees it didn't swing it seems that it was incorrectly balanced. Now it works as expected.

thank you very much for this tip : )
2018-10-20
Use props
fansd8d3f2e9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94564 ft
United States

Ivo Baldzhiev Posted at 7-12 03:57

You are a god, spent the past hour balancing and testing and everything, balance test would always say excellent on everything. You are the only one to give an actual solution as I had the Pan axis too close to the motor as well, simply moving it down around 5 it rolls perfectly with my nikon d850 and 50mm. Will try with other lenses tomorrow.
2018-11-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bernhard K Posted at 7-30 10:46
same problem but I don't get it fixxed... are there any good values out for the gh5 with the 18-35?
I tried for hours...
YT

You need to hold the ronin in flashlight mode, you jave it angled up way to much, drop it down and it will work. Give it a go fella.
2018-11-8
Use props
Phil - P3P
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aha!  I have had the same issue with the Ronin attempting to bash itself and the camera to death, I will try your solution later.  I think that perhaps there should be a warning from DJI as to the potential for destruction if you simply follow their instructions.
2018-11-16
Use props
djiuser_UIvHVaOyu5Ii
New

India

Bernhard K Posted at 2018-7-30 10:46
I tried for hours...
YT

how to fix these problem
2019-1-24
Use props
djiuser_UIvHVaOyu5Ii
New

India

my ronin s rolling not working how to fix
2019-1-24
Use props
Josh Mather
New

United States

I'm so annoyed wtf is wrong with this thing? Someone plz help...
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_2ZI62ApRAIli
New

Indonesia

I fixed it. All I had to do was to rebalance the Pan Axis and made it as it is on the photo. Before it was almost all the way to the Roll motor and although when tilting the Ronin-S 45 degrees it didn't swing it seems that it was incorrectly balanced. Now it works as expected.[Image]

Thanks for your help! My ronin S now working good for 360
2019-12-30
Use props
Jean Nego
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73606 ft
Cyprus

Hello, I can't get that 360° rotation.
I looked at all the tutos I could find.
I have the latest app (update) and I can't figure out how to do it.
Can you help me?
2020-3-31
Use props
Jean Nego
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73606 ft
Cyprus

Bernhard K Posted at 2018-7-30 10:46
I tried for hours...
YT

Hello, I can't get that 360° rotation.
I looked at all the tutos I could find.
I have the latest app (update) and I can't figure out how to do it.
Can you help me?
2020-3-31
Use props
JPapatron
New

United States

Thanks man!
2020-5-8
Use props
djiuser_XxiGKhUxeJwx
New
Australia

Thank you so much for shaing this - This is the key point to make it roll correctly.
I was so frustred and disappointed on what have I done wrong.
Now I am so happy and excited to move on to the next step!!
2020-9-20
Use props
fans58423089
lvl.2
Greece

I fixed it. All I had to do was to rebalance the Pan Axis and made it as it is on the photo. Before it was almost all the way to the Roll motor and although when tilting the Ronin-S 45 degrees it didn't swing it seems that it was incorrectly balanced. Now it works as expected.[Image]

Thank you
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_nFxYrYOEqlxh
New

United States

Any update to this issue? My 360 roll isnt working either. My gimbal is balance perfectly too.
2023-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules