Live Streaming to Instagram with the Osmo Mobile 2
19711 13 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

This may be really obvious, but I had my "Doh!" moment today when I realized I could livestream to Instagram while using the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. I just tried this out to verify that it actually works, and it does. I did not try using the DJI Go App at the same time - not sure how that would work while live streaming. But that would be a good test. Using the Osmo in portrait mode is perfect for Instagram's IGTV too. The Osmo is great for Instagram it seems.
What's especially notable about this, is that DJI only livestreams to platforms that support RTMP, and Instagram does not support RTMP. As far as I know, this is the only way to live stream to Instagram with a DJI product.

Again, forgive me if this is already obvious to everyone - the lightbulb just went on for me.

2018-7-11
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Thanks for the tip.  I haven't started using the OM2 for livestream to IG.  Gonna give it a try soon
2018-7-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to know        
2018-7-12
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-7-12 08:21
Thanks for the tip.  I haven't started using the OM2 for livestream to IG.  Gonna give it a try soon

Let me know how it goes if you have a moment. I'm going to use my OM2 to live stream a ride on a San Francisco cable car later today if the fog burns off.

At the same time, going to record in portrait mode (new for me) and see how that works on IGTV.
2018-7-12
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-7-12 10:43
Let me know how it goes if you have a moment. I'm going to use my OM2 to live stream a ride on a San Francisco cable car later today if the fog burns off.

At the same time, going to record in portrait mode (new for me) and see how that works on IGTV.

Will do.. what is your IG handle.  I'll check it out
2018-7-12
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-7-12 10:48
Will do.. what is your IG handle.  I'll check it out

If anyone's curious to see how Instagram live streaming looks from an Osmo Mobile 2, I'm going to try my first real live stream from the San Francisco cable cars today (July 14) around 11am PST. (This is not a cheap ploy to get followers - just thought some people might be interested in what it looks like.)

Instagram handle: https://www.instagram.com/dangerlampost/
2018-7-14
Use props
rainpratik
New

Thank you for the tip. I like to go live on Instagram, and now I think I should also use my Osmo Mobile 2 this time. By the way, if any of you want to change your Instagram username with something interesting then check out my article about cool Instagram usernames.

Thank You
2018-8-29
Use props
v.sobolevgmail.com
lvl.2

Estonia

I made a web service to let you go live with any software. Go to instafeed dot me slash rtmp and use generated stream key and server address to setup your stream
2020-1-28
Use props
v.sobolevgmail.com
lvl.2

Estonia

I made a web service to let you go live with any software. Go to instafeed dot me slash rtmp
Use generated stream key and server address to setup your stream
2020-1-28
Use props
v.sobolevgmail.com
lvl.2

Estonia

I made a web service to let you go live with any software. Go to instafeed dot me slash rtmp
Use generated stream key and server address to setup your stream
2020-1-28
Use props
djiuser_Izt97RjamSWs
lvl.1

United States

Very good method. I can stream on instagram for my friends to see. It is also possible to download that video from the gb instagram apk.
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_Izt97RjamSWs
lvl.1

Vietnam

Very good method. I can stream on instagram for my friends to see. It is also possible to download that video from the gb instagram apk on techbigs.com
2020-6-21
Use props
Ed your GG
New

United States

Can you explain how you connected to Instagram?
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_JBK0kU5md5o2
New

United States

can you help me how to do that???
2021-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules