|Mavic air|Are there any new case of processor chip overheating?
1141 9 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61030 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello, I am just wondering if there are new reports of the Mavic Air error regarding processor cheap overheating the aircraft will switch off. Regarding the old cases, how did you solve the issue, was DJI able to repair the aircraft or if they simply changed to a new one? Was it a software issue? Or simply the aircraft started work again.

Unfortunately during my holiday in Bali while touring on the aircraft in the morning it came up with this overheating issue and the FUN it's not touring on. I opened a ticket and I will be sanding the drone to DJI tomorrow.

I just did not find and follow up on this issue reason why I wrote.

Kind Regards
2018-7-12
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

I am not totally certain on this, but it kind of seems like a lot of these reports came after people traveled somewhere with their drones. I was wondering if maybe the vibration causes something to get stuck or come loose. Either that, or people are going to locations with higher temperatures than where they normally fly.

Some of the other threads recommend checking the fan is running and maybe giving the intake  a quick shot of air.
2018-7-12
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-7-12 04:26
I am not totally certain on this, but it kind of seems like a lot of these reports came after people traveled somewhere with their drones. I was wondering if maybe the vibration causes something to get stuck or come loose. Either that, or people are going to locations with higher temperatures than where they normally fly.

Some of the other threads recommend checking the fan is running and maybe giving the intake  a quick shot of air.

Last week I was traveling. I flew the drone in the Czech republic at 36 degrees and the drone was just warm on touch, nothing out of ordinary.

There might be something wrong specifically with some drones.
2018-7-12
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

The fans are only held on with very thin double sided tape.
Which I would think in a hot climate it may come loose causing the fan not to work.
It may also be caused from flying in a sandy location the beach jamming up the fan.
2018-7-12
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-7-12 04:26
I am not totally certain on this, but it kind of seems like a lot of these reports came after people traveled somewhere with their drones. I was wondering if maybe the vibration causes something to get stuck or come loose. Either that, or people are going to locations with higher temperatures than where they normally fly.

In March I went to the Philippines and no issues at all at temperatures around 30 degrees, about the sand I always very careful never taking off directly on sand but at higher ground actually, lately it takes of and lands on my hands and I am 1.80m. Tried to blow with air but no joy.

Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
fansc68b6a6e
lvl.1
United States

I traveled around for a month with my Air without any issues (temps 25-30C max, not very humid), but randomly got this problem at home the other day - canned air didn't help, the fan never spins up. I get the "overheat error" immediately on startup, so I'm assuming that it's reporting that error to prevent takeoff if you have a bum fan (this seems like a super common issue so it's either a bad batch of fans or more likely, an issue w/ a connector or something - a shame to have to send it back for something that's probably a super simple fix, but well, warranties and whatnot).
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for what you experienced on our Mavic Air, rest assured that we will evaluate your aircraft and check what could be the reason of it then provide appropriate resolution in regards to this concern. Thank you.
2018-7-18
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

I sent mine for repairs today it's a pity because I missed very scenic videos in Bali and China. Now its summer here in Switzerland going every week on a bike tour and missing great video/photo opportunities. I just hope it will be quick sent back
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jivan Moulandi Posted at 2018-7-19 10:40
I sent mine for repairs today it's a pity because I missed very scenic videos in Bali and China. Now its summer here in Switzerland going every week on a bike tour and missing great video/photo opportunities. I just hope it will be quick sent back

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, rest assured that we will take care your unit while it's on our repair facility.
2018-7-19
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

So I've got a reply from DJI support team. Sand damaged which blocked the fan and also the gimbal.
It seems that many of us who got this issue traveled to tropical sandy beaches. It is not DJI fault sorry to point the finger, but I've thought the drone would handle better dust conditions so watch out from it. However the repair cost are fair but I will use DJI care which i highly reccomend as you don't need a crash to damage your drone.

By the way with DJI care they send me a new drove right?

Jivan
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules