Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ronin s and 1dx mkii
5511 12 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MUZZIEMAN73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370013 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

[tr][/tr]
[tr][/tr]
Any update on the functionality with the 1DX mkii? I am very frustrated that dji now claims that it is only compatible with stabilisation only. This was never stated until the last few days. I bought this gimbal not just for stabilising but for panorama and motion timelapse. I even sold the existing kit i had that could do these things as the ronin S was their replacement!!! I now have jobs coming up that i can't do, not only that letting these clients down will jeopardise future work!! this is not good DJI! Will this work with my camera or have i spent money on something that doesn't fit my needs? even though through all the hype on youtube and dji advertising nobody said that my cameras wouldn't be able to use the full feature set. I am not HAPPY!!!!!

is this getting fixed?

2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We understand your concern and very sorry for the inconvenience that has been brought to your work, 1DX MK II is in our developing list and our engineers are working on developing more features, please note our website about the future release, sorry again for the trouble caused. GTScreenshot_20180713_165944.png
2018-7-13
Use props
MUZZIEMAN73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370013 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-13 01:02
We understand your concern and very sorry for the inconvenience that has been brought to your work, 1DX MK II is in our developing list and our engineers are working on developing more features, please note our website about the future release, sorry again for the trouble caused.[view_image]

Hi Mindy, i am quite capable of finding that info myself. However at the time of purchase (which was the 31st of may) the compatibility of cameras quite clearly stated that all features worked with the 1dx mkii. the info you are presenting me came out after the product was shipped, this isn't good enough.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MUZZIEMAN73 Posted at 2018-7-13 06:31
Hi Mindy, i am quite capable of finding that info myself. However at the time of purchase (which was the 31st of may) the compatibility of cameras quite clearly stated that all features worked with the 1dx mkii. the info you are presenting me came out after the product was shipped, this isn't good enough.

We do apologize for the trouble caused, the latest compatible list is more precise on what features the Ronin-S can support and what we are developing, our engineers are working very hard on optimizing our products and making it compatible with more cameras, hope you will have a better experience with Ronin-S in the future.
2018-7-14
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-14 02:06
We do apologize for the trouble caused, the latest compatible list is more precise on what features the Ronin-S can support and what we are developing, our engineers are working very hard on optimizing our products and making it compatible with more cameras, hope you will have a better experience with Ronin-S in the future.

I have news for you all. Follow focus, autofocus and record-start work with the 1DX Mii! I simply constructed a USB 3  to USB C female adapter and used the existing cable. It isn't pretty, but the functionality is there. So DJI when are we getting the proper cable?!?
2018-8-31
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1

We do apologize for the trouble caused, the latest compatible list is more precise on what features the Ronin-S can support and what we are developing, our engineers are working very hard on optimizing our products and making it compatible with more cameras, hope you will have a better experience with Ronin-S in the future.

I have news for you all. Follow focus, autofocus and record-start work with the 1DX Mii! I simply constructed a USB 3  to USB C female adapter and used the existing cable. It isn't pretty, but the functionality is there. So DJI when are we getting the proper cable?!?
2018-8-31
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1

2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ShamPh0t Posted at 2018-8-31 09:11

Hi ShamPh0t, thanks for your feedback, our engineers are still working on developing, the USB shutter control will be released once it's ready, please note our website about the future update.
2018-9-3
Use props
fansd70828a8
lvl.2

ShamPh0t Posted at 2018-8-31 09:11

Hello ShamPh0t! Did you construct this cable/adapter yourself? Was it a fairly easy process? Still working well?

If it's as easy as just creating an adapter I'm surprised it's taking so long (or third party manufacturers haven't jumped on the opportunity)... Any information you have would be greatly appreciated!
2018-9-16
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1

fansd70828a8 Posted at 2018-9-16 13:04
Hello ShamPh0t! Did you construct this cable/adapter yourself? Was it a fairly easy process? Still working well?

If it's as easy as just creating an adapter I'm surprised it's taking so long (or third party manufacturers haven't jumped on the opportunity)... Any information you have would be greatly appreciated!

I have an update - good news and bad news. First the good, no adapter needed. It turns out that the USB 3 socket is in fact two sockets together. Simply use the supplied cable for micro USB, the same as a cell phone plug,  and plug it into the bottom half of the USB 3 socket on the camera. It works! Especially using the start/stop button is a huge convenience.
The bad news is that sometimes the focus system freaks out and freezes the camera. Either you get Error 70 or it simply freezes. Shut off the camera and pull the battery. Reinsert and you're good to go. I lost one clip on an all day shoot, all others were stored.
I'm looking forward to an official release of a bug free version - in fact it's amazing and incomprehensible that dji has not fully developed all functionality for a common professional camera, the 1DX Mii. Disappointing from such a well respected company.
2018-9-17
Use props
Gordon90s
New

When using follow focus (with cable), Al Servo stops automatically; any thoughts on activating / deactivating Al Servo with the button next to the follow focus?  Would be a very helpful feature (instead of plugging and unplugging the cable now...).

I also experienced the error @ShamPh0t experienced, quite annoying. Stop and restart clips as often as possible to minimize losses...
2018-10-22
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1
Germany

Now the firmware has been updated to explicitly include the Canon 1DX Mii. In the meantime I had bought the female USB cable and use a short USB 3 cable into the full connector on the camera. This makes the cables too stiff and bulky for full movement of the gimbal. Does anyone know if the smaller standard USB mini connector as described above is sufficient or is it causing the error 70? I don't want to waste further time testing if it isn't necessary. I'll also ask Canon CPS and post their reply.
2019-1-11
Use props
Greg Michael
New

United Kingdom

HI all,

I'm a 1DXmkii owner and am considering the Ronin S as a gimbal.

From what I understand, the 1dxmkii can balance on the Ronin S and works as a gimbal.

What I'm unclear on is whether it will still work if adding the weight of a follow focus? I believe that the weight will not be a problem, however will a 1DXmkii with a follow focus attached be able to balance on the Ronin S?

Has anyone tried this setup and if so does it work well?
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules