Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using 2nd iPad as Monitor
4490 10 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe D.
lvl.2

Often I want a second person to look at what I am droning so they have to huddle next to me to see what I'm seeing on my iPad. I would love to have a second monitor for them to look at via USB through my HDMI module. Then I got to thinking; hey, I still have my other iPad I used when I had my P3P. So, my question is can I use a second iPad as a monitor? And if so what software would i use?

Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes, you may use your iPad as your second monitor. All you have to do is purchase a DJI HDMI Module. Please click the below for better understanding. Thank you.

HDMI Module
2018-7-12
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-12 05:51
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes, you may use your iPad as your second monitor. All you have to do is purchase a DJI HDMI Module. Please click the below for better understanding. Thank you.

HDMI Module

Yes, I bought and installed the HDMI module on the bottom of my controller? So do I just use a USB and lightning cable to connect the 2nd iPad? No need for additional software?

Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Joe D. Posted at 2018-7-12 07:04
Yes, I bought and installed the HDMI module on the bottom of my controller? So do I just use a USB and lightning cable to connect the 2nd iPad? No need for additional software?

Thanks

Hi, Joe D. Yes that's only it and you are ready to go.
2018-7-12
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2

I must be doing something wrong because I hooked up a 2nd iPad via the micro-USB port on the HDMI module and nothing. The other end (lightning plug) went to the 2nd iPad. Is there an icon I should be clicking on? Video, TV, etc?

Thank you
2018-7-12
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Joe D. Posted at 2018-7-12 13:20
I must be doing something wrong because I hooked up a 2nd iPad via the micro-USB port on the HDMI module and nothing. The other end (lightning plug) went to the 2nd iPad. Is there an icon I should be clicking on? Video, TV, etc?

Thank you

I think you can only connect an iPad to an external monitor via hdmi, to see on the external monitor what is on the iPad screen, not to see on the iPad what comes from the hdmi source...
2018-7-13
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Also check the firmware on the controller. I had a similar problem with mine until I upgraded the firmware.
2018-7-13
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

I doubt if this will work.  you will need an appthat can handle the incoming feed.  There are apps like Duet fordisplaying a macbook scren on ipad.  I dont know of any app that can show generic HDMI iput
2018-7-13
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-12 05:51

HDMI Module

Hello I'd be interested in this. The HDMI Module doesn't pull up a module to am I missing it?
2023-6-2
Use props
coold
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-12 07:36
Hi, Joe D. Yes that's only it and you are ready to go.

That will not work. Bad information! The Ipad will not display the signal from the HDMI output. You would either need an external display susch as this:  https://www.amazon.com/HONGO-Por ... T1zcF9hdGY&th=1

or: Use Airplay to send the display to another Apple device such as a Macbook.
2023-8-7
Use props
coold
lvl.2

United States

coold Posted at 8-7 09:58
That will not work. Bad information! The Ipad will not display the signal from the HDMI output. You would either need an external display susch as this:  https://www.amazon.com/HONGO-Portable-Monitors-Computer-External/dp/B0BZ4GXCC7/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=RBHIW22TAWN3&keywords=external%2Bmonitor&qid=1691430859&sprefix=external%2Bmonitor%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-2-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

or: Use Airplay to send the display to another Apple device such as a Macbook.

The upcoming IOS 17 release will have video input capability. It will require a video capture device, but they are really inexpensive. It will also require an Ipad with USB-C.  https://9to5mac.com/2023/08/05/h ... sole-display-video/
2023-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules