DJI Ronin-S Battery Grip WONT TURN OFF
12Next >
48533 44 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MitchPalms
New
United States

So I recieved my Ronin-S yesterday and I'm having difficulty turning the Battery Grip off. When I went to turn the Gimbal off, the Grip would stay on. The green lights remained on and blinking. I pressed and released the grip's power button once and then pushed and held but the lights never urned off. Does anyone have any insight on this? If someone could attach a 10 second iphone video to this thread of you turning the gimbal off that would be awesome. Praying I don't have a faulty Grip.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MitchPalms, sorry to read on that, the correct way is to press once and release, then long pressing the button to turn off the grip.
If the issue persists, any chance to show us a short video about your operation?

2018-7-12
Use props
bnearyz4
New

I'm exsperiancing the same issue. When long pressing the power button to shut off the green led lights remain on?
2018-7-13
Use props
sumoadam
lvl.2
United States

Press once, then press again and hold for 2 seconds.  You'll see the green lights disappear in order until there off.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

bnearyz4 Posted at 2018-7-13 09:01
I'm exsperiancing the same issue. When long pressing the power button to shut off the green led lights remain on?

Sorry that I misunderstood the thread, please refer to sumoadam's post to try again.
2018-7-14
Use props
djiuser_31iTNYnKS02R
New
Australia

I am also facing this issue. The middle two LED are always on. I pressed once and then pressed and holder for seconds it wont go away. The app shows 0% battery n even if I charge it for an hour
2018-8-4
Use props
Malyjean
New
United States

djiuser_31iTNYnKS02R Posted at 2018-8-4 07:09
I am also facing this issue. The middle two LED are always on. I pressed once and then pressed and holder for seconds it wont go away. The app shows 0% battery n even if I charge it for an hour

I have the same issue!  I think it happened with the firmware update.  It lost conectivity with the computer and now just those two lights.  Is there any solution???
2018-8-24
Use props
chicanery
New
United States

Malyjean Posted at 2018-8-24 19:51
I have the same issue!  I think it happened with the firmware update.  It lost conectivity with the computer and now just those two lights.  Is there any solution???

Another report of this failure. My gimbal works, and reports the new firmware update, but the battery is constantly blinking the two middle lights, or sweeping from one side to the other. Battery reports 0%
2018-8-25
Use props
Malyjean
New
United States

chicanery Posted at 2018-8-25 14:28
Another report of this failure. My gimbal works, and reports the new firmware update, but the battery is constantly blinking the two middle lights, or sweeping from one side to the other. Battery reports 0%

My gimbal turns on (top and bottom) but the motors dont engage.  its a bummer since it worked before the firmware update.  But when its connected to power it cycles through the lights  when it isnt connected the middle two lights stay on.  Hopefully there is a fix for this.  i feel like i waited for this thing forever and now its a $699 camera stand
2018-8-25
Use props
fansfcbe4164
New

United States

I'm facing the same issue!!! i tried everything I could!! the lights still on
2018-8-30
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1

My grip also can't be turned off. It stays on for twelve hours after use and then automatically shuts off. Otherwise everything works as it should, including after the firmware update.
2018-9-11
Use props
Jimmy Houssen
New

Can the Ronin s. Be paired To a DJI or other RC controller? Can the ronin M now do time lapse? Sorry having trouble figuring out how to send a message to these groups.
2018-9-12
Use props
tenser
lvl.1

United States

same problem here... anybody as able to fix it????
2018-10-6
Use props
djiuser_qqHsiOanBYsC
New

Just purchased my ronin S on Saturday and received via mail
On Tuesday. Finally open the box yesterday thinking I would be able to use it today. But the battery grip nor the gimbal turn on. I left it charging for 24hrs and the battery grip lights don’t turn on either. When connected to the usb charger and port it came with the gimbal turns on but not the battery pack. Once I disconnect from the charging station it turns off. Any suggestions before I return it for another one?
2018-10-14
Use props
Pressmar
New

Germany

Hi,
i have updated to D800 and the Ronin-S to the latest firmware. If i connect the D800 with the mini-USB to the D800 i can Start/Stop Capturing, but thats it. The live view and all functions on the camera where swiched of due to the PC Mode. The focus can't be pulled. Do i need to connect any other cable?
2018-10-16
Use props
Ashish_id
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1793717 ft

Same here wont even connect app nor it updates.
2018-10-21
Use props
JaeKangMoobies
New
South Korea

I also have the same issue.  Tried the update but failed install.  Left me with a brick...
2018-10-22
Use props
fansaba45832
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135322 ft
Australia

Exactly same issue I only used once went flat now won’t work. How do you fix this issue and how can I get it looked at @djimandy
2018-11-18
Use props
Lanx
New

United Kingdom

Hey folks, I thought I had an issue with switching off the grip, and then I read this on the grip itself:

Press once, then press again and hold for 2 seconds.

For me the double press worked and I can turn off my grip. I hope it works for a few others though there seems to be a range of issues now on this thread.

Cheers!
2018-12-1
Use props
djiuser_tnrLzYcsUlxo
New

Azerbaijan

Lanx Posted at 12-1 09:07
Hey folks, I thought I had an issue with switching off the grip, and then I read this on the grip itself:

Press once, then press again and hold for 2 seconds.

Thx its work just press it one tme and press and hold second time and green lights turn off thanks for help
2018-12-2
Use props
RunnerCoyote
New
Flight distance : 263924 ft
Belgium

I also have a problem with the handle, but another. When I got the Ronin S, everything worked perfectly. Then the handle button has stopped working. To turn it on and off, I now have to press really hard on the button, like very hard and I'm afraid it will break soon ... I do not really know what to do ...
2018-12-15
Use props
BigBendTours
New
United States

Just bought my Ronin-S yesterday, charged battery for about 14 hours and only shows 29% battery power with one green light staying lit and one blinking. I can't power off the battery grip despite trying every option here and watching videos.I also had the new Panasonic G85 in 4K mode and after properly balancing and running the balance test which reported excellent on all three axis, the Ronin lost its mind and was spinning uncontrollably while I held it still. Banging the camera and arms. I quit trying to do anything else thereafter. Very disappointed.
2018-12-21
Use props
fans76c5b1f0
lvl.1

Canada

sumoadam Posted at 2018-7-13 09:08
Press once, then press again and hold for 2 seconds.  You'll see the green lights disappear in order until there off.

Thanks to sumoadam response below, . the suggested steps worked fine , my green lights did turn off. Awesome. Here are the steps to turn off the handle green lights:  " Press once, then press again and hold for 2 seconds.  You'll see the green lights disappear in order until there off."
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_h9AU2SG7GJBN
New
Malaysia

my ronin S battery got problem Also,4 light keep flashing I can’t Turn it Off now,  few days already....anyone got same  Problem?
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_h9AU2SG7GJBN
New
Malaysia

JaeKangMoobies Posted at 2018-10-22 21:09
I also have the same issue.  Tried the update but failed install.  Left me with a brick...[view_image]

hi do you fix your problem ?
2019-1-31
Use props
julien31
lvl.1
France

Hi..
Same problem here ! The two middle led stay green and I can't turn off the battery, the motor of the gimball stay off when I turn the gimball on.
I'm tired of having issues with the connectivity of this gimbal...
2019-2-19
Use props
fansc8046c1b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654839 ft
United States

Extremely frustrated. Same issue as all, happened when I attempted to update the firmware. Only 2 center leds are on, actually you can't turn them off. Can't tell if the batteries are charging or not. None of the camera functions (D-850) work, Focus light blinks red, camera stuck in PC mode, etc., etc.

These posts go way back and I haven't seen a reply from DJI techs. Anyone have a fix for this?
2019-3-5
Use props
AshITC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654839 ft
United States

Not only will battery grip not turn off (2 center LEDs always on), it appears that all connectivity through the USB port is lost. Computer no longer recognizes USB device when plugged in and devices turned on. So updating is not possible, in addition I don't know whether the charger is actually charging the battery (only 2 LEDs no matter what). All of this occurred when trying to update firmware. The process started out normally but then failed with an error message about losing connectivity with the device. Ugh!!!
2019-3-5
Use props
Rajesh mkd
New

Saudi Arabia

Solved!
Press once button and release, again press and hold the button. Immediately the grip will turned off!
2019-3-12
Use props
Mediapix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44600 ft
Netherlands

tenser Posted at 2018-10-6 11:22
same problem here... anybody as able to fix it????

yes, I found the error, most of you shut down all with the on/off button above the grip, but you have to shut down with the button down at the batterygrip!!!!!
2019-4-9
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536017 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

here also problem with NEW RONIN-S battery
Battery GRIP button seems doesnt work, trying TURN ON and OFF doesnt work  . when trying charge the battery, the LEDS works , showin that it is charging . and during charge i push the RONIN-S power button ( NOT Battery GRIP )   it turn ON ,  then turn OFF is also okay ( not BATTERY GRIP Button )   , but when want to TURN OFF
Battery GRIP power  , no any reaction , need only wait for 12 hour.

here is video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv41of ... em%20video.mov?dl=0
2019-5-12
Use props
KenZo1502
New

Vietnam

dani2013 Posted at 5-12 23:25
Battery GRIP button seems doesnt work, trying TURN ON and OFF doesnt work  . when trying charge the battery, the LEDS works , showin that it is charging . and during charge i push the RONIN-S power button ( NOT Battery GRIP )   it turn ON ,  then turn OFF is also okay ( not BATTERY GRIP Button )   , but when want to TURN OFF
Battery GRIP power  , no any reaction , need only wait for 12 hour.

( me too, i can't turn off battery Ronin S, help me
2019-5-20
Use props
KenZo1502
New

Vietnam

Battery GRIP button seems doesnt work, trying TURN ON and OFF doesnt work  . when trying charge the battery, the LEDS works , showin that it is charging . and during charge i push the RONIN-S power button ( NOT Battery GRIP )   it turn ON ,  then turn OFF is also okay ( not BATTERY GRIP Button )   , but when want to TURN OFF

me too, help me
2019-5-20
Use props
Air_Pix
New

Russia

Did you solve this issue? I have the same issue, battery button doesn't work at all.
2019-7-12
Use props
djiuser_MYVXqPgj8fvu
New
United Kingdom

Air_Pix Posted at 7-12 04:11
Did you solve this issue? I have the same issue, battery button doesn't work at all.

Mau I ask whether you resolved this issue as I have the same problem?
2019-8-2
Use props
fansfd5f93e4
lvl.1

Malyjean Posted at 2018-8-24 19:51

Found the fix. The only solution is update the ronin s firmware again with the same battery. Try to downgrade and upgrade.
2019-10-5
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

Same issue here, the battery cannot be switched off. It's random in my case but I'm convinced it's caused by the latest firmware because I never experienced it before. I'll try downgrading. Not to mention the Ronin S tendency to bob up and down while walking which seemingly cannot be corrected no matter what settings are used. It's alleviated slightly by enabling the OIS (Optical Image Stabiliser) on the Panasonic LUMIX 12-35mm lens but, should this really be necessary with a gimbal stabiliser?!!!

DJI, please get your act together, with this Ronin S battery issue and problems with other gear - Mavic 2 battery swelling, GO4 auto-update broken in the Smart Controller, the Inspire 2's drunken floating hover, zero updates for the Crystal Sky in years (!) and much more - the customer impression is of a consistently high and reliable degree of incompetence and poor quality control!!!
2019-10-10
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>

Forgot to include, the only way I found to break the 'battery always on' cycle is to disconnect it from the gimbal.
2019-10-10
Use props
Brent Clapp
New

United States

I cannot get my battery to turn off in any manner.  Even after updating the firmware, it still stays on.  4 lights solid.  Even pressing once, and then pressing again.  It did work before, kinda, but now I just get a solid 4 lights.  even when I disconnect the battery from the gimbal.  DJI please help.
2019-12-1
Use props
DanielOakfield
New
United Kingdom

Very unfortunate, I hoped to have a faulty/replaceable item but we all have the same issue.
The battery stays on doesn't react to the two clicks technique, even worse it takes me several attempts to turn it on either! That's a faulty design on the switch. Any news on this?  
2020-3-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules