DJI Ronin-S Battery Grip WONT TURN OFF
48706 44 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheWeddingGinga
New
  • >>>
New Zealand

March 2020 and I have the same issue with my Ronan-s. I would have thought DJI would have fixed this by now as this issue first appeared in 2018. DJI Please don’t tell Me to press once then long press. I have tried this over and over again with various timings etc and have several DJI UAVs with similar start techniques and this does not work. Was so exited when I got this now very disappointed.
2020-3-7
Use props
TAF.digital
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11942 ft
Austria

The controller unit in the grip is faulty on my product, the button will neither turn the grip on nor off. My workaround currently is to plug a powerbank into the ronin-s and start it up, which triggers the battery to start. Very annoying and another thing you have to remember on set.

Up until now I was not able to get in contact with DJI for a new control-board and spending another 100€ on a grip is somewhat a waste since the issue might re-appear.
2020-3-9
Use props
djiuser_qWs8WCOBxfls
lvl.1
United States

Having the same issue. Hopefully dji reads this. My grip won't turn on or off. I was able to get it to turn on by pressing the power on the gimbal, but now the battery is stuck on. I have tried the correct way of turning the battery off (press once, then long press) - it is unresponsive. I tried the other users suggestion of plugging into a power bank and then turning on, it didn't work. I then tried another users suggestion of updating the firmware - which it successfully updated, but still wouldn't turn off. I then tried to downgrade the firmware per another users suggestion, the update failed, now the battery grip is showing the center two lights constantly in, and is still unresponsive. When I plug in the grip to charge, it lights up on light at a time while cycling through all of the lights, and when I unplug it - it goes back to the two center lights.

I bought brand new from Amazon. It's now out of the return window. I don't want to pay for repairs on a brand new product. Help?
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_qWs8WCOBxfls
lvl.1
United States

JaeKangMoobies Posted at 2018-10-22 21:09
I also have the same issue.  Tried the update but failed install.  Left me with a brick...[view_image]

Did you get a fix for this? Having the exact same issue.
2020-12-2
Use props
lph1540
New
United States

March of 2022 and I am having the same issue. It started with the battery grip just not turning on or off until I plugged it into the wall charger or a power bank, then it would stay on (with all 4 lights) until it died no matter how many times I tried to click then hold to turn off. After reading this thread, I tried to downgrade the firmware then upgrade. When I went to downgrade it, it failed about 3/4 the way through the install and showed an error message, and it now only shows the 2 center green dots and I still can't turn it off or on. on top of that, now I cant even get the device to connect to the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin software. @DJI - this is extremely aggrevating and a major disappointment. The fact that this problem has persisted for 4 years and hasnt been fixed is a testament to the lack of customer service and quality control. Your team needs to be held accountable to solving this issue.
2022-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules