Pgytech LED lights for Mavic air
4707 8 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

Anyone played with the Pgytech LED light kit for the ‘air’?
I considered getting a set but had second thoughts when my wife asked “why” (it’s the plastic issue)
Good point I thought, so I’m asking other pilots, what have you used them for over above the anitial play time when first bought?
Cheers in advance.
2018-7-12
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any link to what your talking about?
2018-7-12
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

https://www.ferntech.co.nz/led-light-kit-for-mavic-air
2018-7-12
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

To be honest. I bought, glued them on to my extension legs, only used the light a few times because as you get more confident you don't really need the lights.
2018-7-12
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

Are they designed to aluminate for night flying or so the pilot can see the aircraft better during the day?
If it is so the pilot can better see the aircraft during the day then I guess it makes some sense, we pilots are supposed to keep the aircraft in eye sight at all times during each flight so the lights could further the flight distance for the pilot to some degree.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information that you have provided for us today. Just a reminder using a 3rd party devices or accessories on your drone can affect the performance of the Drone. If you will be using the  Pgytech LED light kit on the DJI Mavic Air. There will be an additional weight on the Drone this can affect the performance of the  Drone and it can lead to damages on the Drone while in flight.
2018-7-14
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

I use this strobe for night and dawn flights very bright over a mile away and at about 200 feet high very visible. I bought the white.I mounted them on the bottom of my battery with velcro it has 3 different modes.
No external battery all self contained and will last for many flights is usb chargeable.

Firehouse strobes

2018-7-14
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

Here in the US FAA requires any flights 30 minutes before official sunrise and 30 minutes after official sunset the AC be fitted with operational lighting that can be seen 3 statute miles away. Flying before or after these time periods is strictly prohibited without a waiver. So in reality your drone would stick out like a sore thumb  to any officials that want to make a point. Now if you just want to use them as an orientation guide Kudo's.
2018-7-14
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.2
New Zealand

Here in New Zealand any pilot flying a drone must not let the drone out of eye sight, hard to do with a mavic air as they can fly so darn far.
Some sick puppies here in NZ  have in the past aimed lasers (not from a drone) at commercial aircraft approaching airports creating police manhunts and headlines,  it’s taken very seriously here and rightly so.
It’s also illegal to fly within 4klm of an airport (without permission) My DJI GO4 app will present a warning on screen if I attempt to takeoff inside the 4klm where I must tick a box on the app and except responsibility before the aircraft can take off. I even get a warning if I approach the 4klm zone. Pretty cool I recon.
So as you can imagine flying a drone with lights of any kind near an airport could have a uniform knocking at the door.
Still, there must be a place for this accessory in a pilots kit somewhere.
Cheers
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules