Dji Mavic Battery dead.
4771 9 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suprim
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello,

I bought a Mavic Pro about a year ago and I have used it only few times. last time I used was about a month ago and today I was charging batteries as I was planning to fly it tomorrow, but my 2 battries are dead only one is running. One battery does not even light up and another one blinks but does not charge or power my drone.

What can I do guys? Is my battery useless now?

Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Yes.yes they are.
Even if you managed to get a charge into them, the would soon fail.
2018-7-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should fully charge and discharge the batteries at least once every three months though preferably monthly.
2018-7-12
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031240 ft
France

Batteries need extra care to not lose their capacity. The manual gives plenty of informations about it (been crazy enough to read it). If you still have it, I encourage you to take a look for the next ones you buy.
2018-7-12
Use props
Suprim
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So the dead battery are useless now?
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum, apologies for any troubles you are having with your batteries. May we ask when was the last firmware update you performed on your aircraft and the remote controller?
2018-7-12
Use props
Suprim
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-12 13:07
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum, apologies for any troubles you are having with your batteries. May we ask when was the last firmware update you performed on your aircraft and the remote controller?

The last Time I used was about month ago and I updated my DJI that time but I have not updated my remote controller. I read somewhere that the battery should not be 100% if you leave it for a while so I had both of my all my batteries around 50% and now 2 batteries are dead only one working.
2018-7-12
Use props
Suprim
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Otter Posted at 2018-7-12 13:01
Batteries need extra care to not lose their capacity. The manual gives plenty of informations about it (been crazy enough to read it). If you still have it, I encourage you to take a look for the next ones you buy.

Not many people read the manual. They should just put a sticker on battery itself as it is very expensive.  Now I have to spend £80
2018-7-12
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Suprim Posted at 2018-7-12 13:16
Not many people read the manual. They should just put a sticker on battery itself as it is very expensive.  Now I have to spend £80

And those people who don't read the manual shouldn't be surprised when things go wrong for them.
Why wouldn't you read the manual?
2018-7-12
Use props
skyblu
lvl.1

Switzerland

Ok, so this is another case of DJI wanting to push product to drive up their profits.

Sheesh, these things are supposed to be INTELLIGENT BATTERIES, whoever heard of having to discharge and charge a battery fully every three months (nowhere does it say one month like someone said), and it's practically the LAST sentence on the LAST page of their battery manual. As sneaky as it gets.

WHY don't these batteries do the full discharge themselves after 3 months of inactivity and alert you with an app alert or beeping that they need recharging is beyond me.

Thanks DJI, I can now drop 3 batteries in the next recycling landfill and had 2 crashes due the mavic force-landing without warning in mountain terrain due to "critically low voltage". analyzing the logs showed 1 of 3 cells with abnormally low voltage in each case. Only 30-40 discharges each!

Now building a discharging rig with two 50w 12v halogen lamps.

No thanks to DJI, and as you probably guessed I'm pi*sed.
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules