Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reset OSMO 2
42875 18 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneit Media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2743143 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The OSMO refuses to connect with my iPhone8, is there a way to factory reset this device, the fact that it wont connect because someone else has used it is aa annoying problem, what if that person and there phone have left the country. And all that DJI help say is to send device back for repair. FFS.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Are you referring to Osmo Mobile 2 or Osmo?
2018-7-13
Use props
Droneit Media
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Hi DJI Wanda, osmo 2 mobile
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Droneit Media Posted at 2018-7-13 13:25
Hi DJI Wanda, osmo 2 mobile

Do you have a screenshot showing the problem?
2018-7-16
Use props
Droneit Media
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

/Users/andrewpfammatter/Downloads/IMG_7957.PNG

2018-7-17
Use props
Droneit Media
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Did you try to use a different mobile device to check? Is the firmware updated?
2018-7-18
Use props
Droneit Media
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-18 00:52
Did you try to use a different mobile device to check? Is the firmware updated?

yes, have tried different iPhones, different iPhone models, also android phones, no luck. Everything involved is up to date as well
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Droneit Media Posted at 2018-7-19 19:57
yes, have tried different iPhones, different iPhone models, also android phones, no luck. Everything involved is up to date as well

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward this issue to our engineers. Can you provide to me the firmware of your app and unit?
2018-7-22
Use props
nmh65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213658 ft
United Kingdom

I am having the same issues, Straight out the box today, Balanced, app installed, try to 'Connect to your device', get exactly the same message! This is very frustrating, and appears to be a common problem looking at other threads, but I do not see any reasonable responses. With the phone that close the the handle, it should easily see the bluetooth signal. It appears you have to be in a sterile RF area with no bluetooth to be able to connect ( I haven't tried going to the middle of nowhere yet) . Is there a solution to this or not?
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

nmh65 Posted at 2018-8-13 13:16
I am having the same issues, Straight out the box today, Balanced, app installed, try to 'Connect to your device', get exactly the same message! This is very frustrating, and appears to be a common problem looking at other threads, but I do not see any reasonable responses. With the phone that close the the handle, it should easily see the bluetooth signal. It appears you have to be in a sterile RF area with no bluetooth to be able to connect ( I haven't tried going to the middle of nowhere yet) . Is there a solution to this or not?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. If there will be devices that require bluetooth connection, this may interrupt the connection between the phone and the Osmo mobile 2. I would recommend ensuring the other devices that used bluetooth connection. Please keep us posted.
2018-8-13
Use props
jaybe787
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108415 ft
  • >>>

Hi, I have been using my OSMO Mobile 2 with no problem and out of no ware it is not connecting to any of my iPhone's (6s, 7, 8, 8 Plus and X) I even restore the 8 to factory new iPhone with no other Bluetooth devices and nothing.  I go to settings> Bluetooth and sometimes I can see the OSMO Mobile 2 device but when when try to connect it will say Connection Failed.  I have try every trick that I know even connect the OSMO Mobile 2 to the iPhone with the Mini USB to Lightning that I use on my Mavic Pro Platinum and my Spark, I even try to connect the OSMO Mobile 2 with DJI Assistant 2 and nothing.  Any ideas of what can be the problem.......        
2018-10-15
Use props
djiuser_jdvFOvFKR6BV
lvl.1

Ivory Coast

Salut j'ai un problème avec mon osmo mobile 2 apparemment il a été bloqué, image d'illustration
20201226_230806.jpg
Screenshot_20201226-225949_DJI GO.jpg
2020-12-26
Use props
Stevo3985
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400948 ft
United States

Apologies, I had posted a question here just like yours. I am quite new to using this forum. :/
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_LNuVtWkTX2ew
New

Hong Kong

OSOM mobile 2 same issue
Device can not connect to my iPhone
Yellow light keep flashing
2021-8-29
Use props
djiuser_LNuVtWkTX2ew
New

Hong Kong

Same issues OSOM mobile 2 can not connect to mobile
Yellow light keep flashing
2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_7MEopwUaKk1X
New

India

Having issues with my DJI OSMO Mobile 2 Gimbal.
Getting green light with turned on, but mobile isn't stabilising, worked fine for a year.
Please help!
Mail: swarooptalekar2@gmail.com
2021-9-6
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

Hi, My mobile fails to detects my  osmo mobile bluetooth thro app. Can anyone  help
2021-11-21
Use props
PSPilot
New

Switzerland

It's a very simple matter: if you want to pair a new phone to any Bluetooth device, you HAVE TO make the device forget the old pairing (ok, there is multi-point BT, but that's irrelevant for the Osmo). If you lost the old phone to delete the pairing there you have to reset the BT pairing on the device. Either there's a dedicated custom function for that (as newer Osmos have it), or you have to completely factory reset the device which also 'kills' the pairing (mostly). Any attempt to pair an Osmo 2 with a phone while another pairing is still 'stored', HAS TO FAIL!! As long as the Osmo waits for it's paired phone, it dosn't initiate a new pairing. I can't understand, what the heck the 'administrators' here are talking about! There's no need to 'forward the issue to any engineer' ... they know it.

Surprisingly I couldn't find an obvious way to delete the pairing. No hint for such a function on the net (let alone the manual). Obviously there is no such function for the user, no factory reset either. I consider that as a BIG flaw in the design or firmware. But there is still hope . I don't know how and why the following procedure is working, but it is. It helped me getting an old Osmo 2 connected to an iPhone 12 Pro Max on iOS 15.3.1. Maybe it's an undocumented feature, since the developers of that device needed some kind of function for that trivial task. Ok, here we go:

1) Most important, you need a micro-USB OTG adapter. It has a micro-USB plug on one end and a USB-A female (socket) on the other. These adapters exist as tiny one-piece 'thingies', or as short adapter cables. If you go to Amazon and search for 'micro-USB OTG adapter', you'll find them for very little money and see what I mean. Anyway, with that adapter and your usual USB cable for your phone, you can connect the Osmo 2 with your phone. In my case, I plugged my ordinary Apple lightning USB-cable in the adapter and had a micro-USB to Apple cable with OTG-function. Likewise you would use a micro-USB or USB-C cable instead of my lightning cable, whatever fits your phone.

2) The procedure is simple: start with the Osmo 2 powered OFF. Use the cable to connect the Osmo 2 with your phone. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and that screen, where you find new devices to pair. Now power on the Osmo 2 and only a few seconds later, the Osmo 2 should appear as a new, or 'pairable' device. DON'T PAIR IT NOW! My experience is, that with the cable connected, the pairing will fail. Instead switch the Osmo 2 off again, remove the cable and then repower the Osmo 2. I personally also start that whole BT screen on my phone new, before I power on the Osmo 2 again. Especially the iPhone is kinda picky when BT devices appear and disappear rapidly in the same 'discovery session'. YMMV, but just leaving and reentering that screen once, or even power cycle the whole Bluetooth thing on the phone won't harm and you're save, that the discovery of new deivces works well.

Anyway, my Osmo 2 showed up normally in the BT screenn after that little trick, I could successfully pair it and from that point on, it worked like a charm with the DJII app. Talking of that, you don't need the DJII app for all the above. Once the gimbal is paired on your phone's BT list, start the app as usual and use it - it'll work. And as I wrote above, the app has no problems with the newest iOS versions. I can't talk about Android 12.

My conclusion is, that this OTG connection between the phone (actually a USB-host or -master) and the Osmo is resetting the old pairing. This function should be available easier for customers somehow - as it is on the newer Osmos. Maybe it even works with a simple micro-USB (Osmo) to USB-A cable to an ordinary computer or notebook. Maybe any USB-host can reset that Bluetooth pairing. But I didn't try that. I'm glad that mine works again .
2022-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules