Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2018-7-14 04:12
NO control tower here, either. Just supposed  to inform airportif I'm going to fly since I'm  within five miles. I would think  you'd be under the same situation. Odd. Anyway hope DJI comes through for you.

sounds like the same type of airport.......no one there 3/4 of the time....
2018-7-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

stuka75 Posted at 2018-7-14 04:12
NO control tower here, either. Just supposed  to inform airportif I'm going to fly since I'm  within five miles. I would think  you'd be under the same situation. Odd. Anyway hope DJI comes through for you.

Is "your" Airport in the NFZ-maps of DJI?
2018-7-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

sorry to read that buddy
2018-7-15
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-14 07:27
Is "your" Airport in the NFZ-maps of DJI?

yes it is.....but i have permission, and do a dji online unlock everytime.....i took off within the NFZ with14 sats...once i was outside NFZ....geo restrictions kicked in and it would not come back even via RTH or Sport......obvious bug in the software
2018-7-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

kowal63 Posted at 2018-7-15 04:41
yes it is.....but i have permission, and do a dji online unlock everytime.....i took off within the NFZ with14 sats...once i was outside NFZ....geo restrictions kicked in and it would not come back even via RTH or Sport......obvious bug in the software

Yes, I know that "Yours" is in the NFZ maps. ;-)
That question was for stuka75
Trying to find the difference.
2018-7-15
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-7-13 11:19
Hmmm...

Makes sense. Still bad design on DJI part.

yeah....that is what i mean by an unlock....use to be 3 days....now it is 24 hours....i spoke with dji today....they are trying to say it was a fly away....i said i seen it go in about 25 feet from me....was no flyaway....i sure hope they honor this....it was in no way my fault....they have my flight records and all that info
2018-7-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Just a update;

I tried that today, with changing hp from starting point, after the bird reaches  max flight distance (50m) to RC (would have been 60m to Spark)
It doesnt even told me anything about.
And flew back, the 60m, with stick control.
My conclusion: Not possible with max distance limits, to "cheat" it outside of the limit.
2018-7-21
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-21 03:14
Just a update;

I tried that today, with changing hp from starting point, after the bird reaches  max flight distance (50m) to RC (would have been 60m to Spark)

S-e-ven,

Thanks for your experiment and sharing it with us.

Yes - from what you did it looks like it is not possible to consciously "cheat" Spark outside of max limit.BTW - I would be shocked if this was not the case. Imagine yourself starting Spark from a moving platform like a sailboat and than sailing away outside of max limit while Spark hovers in place. Such situations may prove disastrous if DJI did not do something smart about it. They obviously did as your experiment confirms.

However, if Spark flies out of max limit in ATTI (not knowing it did so, like in 62+'s case), than you can't return manually because Spark will stop at max distance from the other side of the fence. Starting RTH sequence will help in such situation. This is DJI design error and omission they really should fix.

Mirek
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules