Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M: DJI assistant "not an intelligent battery"
23369 31 2015-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhamelin
lvl.2
Canada

Hi,

I just received my Ronin-m, I charged the battery, got it balanced and now im stuck there

First, I can't connect to the Android App, this seems to be a "normal" problem? So I will wait for DJI to release a new version of the app.

Second, I tried connecting the Ronin-M to the Mac version of the DJI assistant. I started the Ronin-M, plugged in the USB, launched the app. and I can't do anything because it say's "Not an intelligent battery", when I go in the battery section there's no stats about it. I tried reconnecting the battery a few times. I checked the pin's, etc. Everything seems fine?

Are both of these problems related?

A good side, the controller seems to be working

Thanks!
2015-5-20
Use props
mark
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem here- have essentially a useless Ronin M sitting here because it can't connect to the Mac app, "not Intelligent DJI Battery". Hopefully they will fix it soon.
2015-5-20
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.2
Canada

Funny thing. I wrote to DJI tech support about my Ronin-M not connecting to my android phone. And here's their answer

"Sorry to hear about the issue that you are having with your device. We recommend that you please make sure that your bluetooth is turned on inside the application and also make sure that the bluetooth turned on with your tablet or device.
You may also want to delete the app and reinstall it. That should fix the issue that you are having."

Clearly they are not aware that the Android version is not working

I really hope that the admins on this forum are right and that the android version of the assistant app is coming soon

@Mark: I did a second thread, I managed to install the assistant software on windows, but I can't even use my ronin yet because the auto tune fonction makes the Ronin grind and vibrate... We will have to be patient I guess!
2015-5-20
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.2

United States

For all of you who can't tune your gimbal, the only way you can tune it is by using the iOS app. At the moment it is the only way you can tune the "M". Use a friends apple device if you don't own one.
2015-5-20
Use props
aricsp
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here. The Mac "Gimbal" application will not allow savings of settings (could be related to not intelligent battery". I really just want to save the standard settings to Smooth Track "Normal" like the remote gives me with the top switches in the middle positions when it is turned on. Problem is, once I turn off the remote, the gimbal goes back to below "Slow" and and tilt on the gimbal. There is no way to save settings in the Mac application.

Come on DJI, did no one test the Ronin-M with the desktop "Gimbal" application?

Please fix this issue SOON!
2015-5-27
Use props
ray
lvl.1

United States

Just got mine today and have the same issue, guess I should have done some more research but I thought I was ok because I have an iMac, PC, Android phone and also an iPad but I think the iPad is an older model so it won't work (can't even get the app from the store)  glad I bought it from B&H so it should be an easy return.
2015-5-28
Use props
nanoobg
New

Guatemala

no samsung conection
and mac recognize it but DJI NOT INTELLIGENT BATTERY

so wht`s next
i Cant use it!
2015-5-29
Use props
aricsp
lvl.1

United States

ray@thesbimage. Posted at 2015-5-29 07:25
Just got mine today and have the same issue, guess I should have done some more research but I thoug ...

HI Ray,

I emailed them as they requested and was sent a new version of the application. I will let you know how it goes. See my other thread on Mac Application not saving settings with the email address I sent the issue to.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16313-1-1.html
2015-5-29
Use props
Ray
lvl.1

United States

aricsp@spencede Posted at 2015-5-29 23:40
HI Ray,

I emailed them as they requested and was sent a new version of the application. I will le ...

thank you, they sent me v1.6 but I thats what I tried... maybe a bug fix without a version number change?, I see it worked for you thanks for the heads up I wasnt going to try.         Apparently my wife really wanted an iPhone so she was happy "help" me out with getting the gimbal going.   So far I just balanced it (close but not absolutely perfect) and hit auto.... its as good as the carbon kit gimbal I built with AlexMos 32bit that took me a couple moths to fine tune.   
2015-5-29
Use props
aricsp
lvl.1

United States

Ray Posted at 2015-5-30 04:42
thank you, they sent me v1.6 but I thats what I tried... maybe a bug fix without a version number c ...

Hi Ray,  Yes, it appears they did a bug fix without a version change of the software. The application was even dated the same as the previous version and I was not very hopeful of it working either, but it did. Go figure.

I am still getting things dialed in, but so far it is performing nicely. I am trying to figure out how to duplicate the settings with the remote top switches in the middle position as when the remote is on, I find those settings to be nearly perfect, but when the remote is switched off, it reverts back to the gimbal settings. If I can get that figured out, I will be very happy.

Cheers!
2015-5-29
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

jhamelin@jhdpro Posted at 2015-5-21 11:05
Funny thing. I wrote to DJI tech support about my Ronin-M not connecting to my android phone. And he ...

Hi, please redownload the v1.6 or v1.7 assistant. This was the assistant display error, now it is already resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience brought.

Currently, we are still working hard on launching the Android app, you can get latest infor from DJI website.
2015-6-5
Use props
misprod
New

France

hello, can someone send me the v1.6 or v1.7 of dji ronin m assitant for PC by installing the latest version v1.9 my device does not work at all
THX
2015-8-22
Use props
misprod
New

France

after sent email to dji's support, he sent me a v1.9 beta which forces IMU update... It's the only solution of this problem... My RONIN M works again after 2 days dead
2015-8-24
Use props
edgeclusive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 874259 ft
United Kingdom

I hope this message finds you well I emailed you can you send the 1.9 beta version I have the same issue ronin m isn't functioning.

GCU at 5.1 attempt to update date it to 1.1 succeeds but after battery cycle stays on the same...

IMU won't update at all keeps failing and the battery isn't coming up...

Thanks in advance hope this works...
2015-8-27
Use props
neto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1268898 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Why not someone upload this 1.9 version Beta somewhere so people can solve the problem instead of keep asking for download ??

I have the same problem here I would appreciate if someone could send or upload this assistant.

Thank you
2015-10-2
Use props
legion.hyvinkaa
New

Finland

Oh well..
I  purchased the Ronin M few days ago and i'm now struggling with this "not an intelligent battery" issue.. I have contacted the DJI support but i have not received a reply yet. The Android app is totally useless at this point since it crashes everytime i try to use it. I have been trying to use the app on PC via bluetooth and USB cable but i keep getting the battery error. Help!

If someone has the 1.9b version file, please upload and share it!
2015-12-23
Use props
misprod@hotmail Posted at 2015-8-24 18:23
after sent email to dji's support, he sent me a v1.9 beta which forces IMU update... It's the only s ...

Hi please can you send me V1.9 cause the link on website not working

my email :    info@dmedius.com

thank you
2016-1-6
Use props
shayne
New

Canada

RE: Ronin-M: DJI assistant "not an intelligent battery"

I got the DJI NOT INTELLIGENT BATTERY message when in the Mac GIMBAL app on an iMac now I can't connect vie Blue Tooth through iPhone app. Any ideas? To be clear the app doesn't see the Ronin as a device.
2016-1-7
Use props
ddt72721
New

Taiwan

shayne@rais.ca Posted at 2016-1-8 04:45
I got the DJI NOT INTELLIGENT BATTERY message when in the Mac GIMBAL app on an iMac now I can't conn ...

I BUY a Ronin M on 2016/03/15 , and the same question,

I use Android phone, it can link with Ronin M

but the Motor has no response , I cannot control it , just like no battery

APP says "it's not an intelligent battery"   It is no WORKING

My package is with 2 new small batteries, anyone has the same problem ?
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ddt72721 Posted at 2016-3-16 12:45
I BUY a Ronin M on 2016/03/15 , and the same question,

I use Android phone, it can link with Roni ...

Hello!
Please note that the 2 new small batteries are the latest  version, but they are only compatible with the latest firmware if you want them to perform well with the Ronin-M.
Please download the latest firmware and Assistant software at http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/info#downloads to upgrade your whole kit including the controller.
If you have any problem, please contact us freely.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

shayne@rais.ca Posted at 2016-1-8 04:45
I got the DJI NOT INTELLIGENT BATTERY message when in the Mac GIMBAL app on an iMac now I can't conn ...

Hello!
Firstly, could you please check the connection of the battery and the Ronin-M? Make sure that the battery is firmly plugged into the slot. Reboot the Assistant program and connect to your Ronin-M again.
Any further feedback will be appreciated!
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

legion.hyvinkaa Posted at 2015-12-23 19:02
Oh well..
I  purchased the Ronin M few days ago and i'm now struggling with this "not an intelligent ...

Hope that you've solved your problem.
It will be appreciated if you would like to share the solution with us.
2016-3-15
Use props
ddt72721
New

Taiwan

I finally find the way to solve it (the Chinese DJI company's response) , you must set this new battery very tight, if a little loose , app will say "not an intelligent battery"~! Thanks for all you guys!
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ddt72721 Posted at 2016-3-16 18:24
I finally find the way to solve it (the Chinese DJI company's response) , you must set this new batt ...

Yes! It is.
2016-3-16
Use props
Hanski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53619 ft

I've got the "Not DJI Intelligent Battery" -problem with the new 1580 mAh battery. The original battery is working fine, but as soon as I attach the new battery I get the error.
Firmware is the latest version and I have tried all the tricks suggested here but can't figure out what could be the problem. All contacts are working (i see small marks on the plates where the smaller connectors touch).
Any suggestions or should I return this to the seller in order to change to a working battery?
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hanski Posted at 2016-6-20 02:01
I've got the "Not DJI Intelligent Battery" -problem with the new 1580 mAh battery. The original batt ...

Hello.
Except for the "Not DJI Intelligent Battery" error message, can your Ronin-M work normally?
Could you please tell me the SN. of the battery?

Wait for your reply.
Thanks.
2016-6-19
Use props
Hanski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53619 ft
Finland

With the new battery; Ronin M start normally, motors work for few second and then switch off. Assistent software shows angle postions and some other info, but otherwise the gimbal is not working.
Serial number; this is located under the battery: 994154701503 and this 06QXCL23010665 behind the battery, don't know which is the SN...
2016-6-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hanski Posted at 2016-6-20 15:21
With the new battery; Ronin M start normally, motors work for few second and then switch off. Assist ...

Thanks for your prompt reply.
In your case, the issue should be out of the battery itself, please contact your dealer for an exchange. You can also email to support.eu@dji.com for further help.

If you need any other help, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Any further feedback would be appreciated.
2016-6-19
Use props
fans27d42635
New

United States

Had the intelleginet battery problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app (on android Note 4) and it works again. Hope this doesn't keep happening.
2017-1-5
Use props
bayboyfilms
New

United States

I just purchased my RoninM 2 days ago and I'm having the same issue with "Not DJI Intelligent Battery" error message. I am using the DJI Assistant App on both iPhone and iPad. I also made sure the battery is set properly as well as cleaned the connections. At this point I am ready to return this product. Can anyone help before I do?
2017-6-11
Use props
Property Pilots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789836 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

i had the same thing on my Ronin-M i changed batteries and then realised my first battery wasn't quite installed properly. so try taling off ronin and re install until it clicks at bottom.
2017-6-11
Use props
eglooprod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45249 ft
France

Hi, message for : Nicole Zhang

I chek my Ronin with your recommandation but i have the same big problem !
"No batterie intelligente DJI », i can’t communicate with the Ronin M.
All upgrade are ok and when i use one batterie, i have tighten the battery firmly !
But always no communication with the two batteries !!!

Info : when the battery is on, I withdraw it from the Ronin and I give it again, next, the ronin run 2 seconds and stops again !

it’s incredible to buy a product which does not function !
Can you please find a solution, quickly !

JM Melloni
2018-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules