7392 7 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Hey guys,

sorry for that stupid question. But yesterday I tried to do some panoramas and I wanted to get spherical ones, so I chose spherical panorama in the settings and took some.
Sadly, when I put the panoramas to my PC, I don't have a spherical picture but a horizontal one. How do I get the spherical panoramas?

2018-7-12
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft

The first time I shot a spherical panorama, I was also surprised when the result looked like a somewhat distorted horizontal panorama. After some hunting around and watching YouTube videos, I found there are several ways to turn the file created by a Mavic into a spherical image. Here are the notes I use to remind myself how to do it. I hope they help you, too:
2018-7-13
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft

The first time I shot a spherical panorama, I was also surprised when the result looked like a somewhat distorted horizontal panorama. After some hunting around and watching YouTube videos, I found there are several ways to turn the file created by a Mavic into a spherical image. Here are the notes I use to remind myself how to do it. I hope they help you, too:

SPHERICAL PANORAMAS:
    One of the drone's photo modes.
    After shooting the images, the drone stitches them together into a flat panorama photo and stores
        the result on the MicroSD card (or internal memory if you don't have a card).
    Connect the drone to your PC via USB (or plug in the microSD card) and copy the file to the PC.
    Go to the following Web site: http://www.360Facebook.com
    Upload the panorama JPEG to the site, let it process the image, then download the result.
        It appears to just tinker with the EXIF data to cause Facebook to recognize that it's a spherical image.
    Post the image to Facebook like any other image. Facebook should recognize the file as 3D and add a tag to the image.

CREATING A ROUND "PLANET" IMAGE FROM A SPHERICAL PANORAMA SHOT WITH THE DRONE:
    Transfer the panoramic image created by the drone to the PC.
    Open the image in Photoshop.
    Image size: Use Image Size to create a square version of the image. This will distort the image, but that's OK.
    Flip vertically.
    Filter: Distort: Polar Coordinates: 2.5%.

ANOTHER METHOD USING THE TINY PLANET MAKER PHONE APP:
    Send the spherical panorama image  to your smart phone if it's not there already.
    Launch the Tiny Planet Maker app and follow the prompts.

I'm sure there are other methods; I'll be monitoring this thread to find out how others do it!

Larry
2018-7-13
Use props
jdpolstra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171749 ft
United States

larryc43230 Posted at 2018-7-13 07:51

SPHERICAL PANORAMAS:

If you upload a spherical panorama image to Google Photos and then check back about an hour later, you'll find that Google's "Assistant" has recognized it and done the necessary processing.  On a desktop computer you can pan around the resulting image with the mouse.  On a portable device it pans the image in response to movements of the device, as if you were looking around from the point of view of the aircraft.
2018-7-13
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

on a PC use this
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
2018-7-13
Use props
saviour
Second Officer

Hey guys, thanks for the answer. So basicly that means that the drone / software does not make a real spherical panorama but I have to further use another program to get that round world effect?
2018-7-15
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

I finally did it! Thanks guys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjrird0e3nghj5u/DJI_08971.jpg?dl=0
2018-7-15
Use props
briarphotos
lvl.2
United States

larryc43230 Posted at 2018-7-13 07:51

SPHERICAL PANORAMAS:

Nope, would like to try the photoshop Distort>Polar Coordinates, but there is no option for 2.5% or any other settings with this filter in Photoshop 2023.  Any other recommendations as to how to get this to work in Photoshop?  Thanks!
2022-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules