iPhone 6
2016 27 2018-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hannes1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29806 ft

Am I the only person  with an iPhone 6 with out Audio Low Battery Warning ?
Also my compass in DJI Go 4 keeps spinning around  ,do I have to invest in a new iPhone ? Cheers

2018-7-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iPhone 6 is compatible - the compass is in the drone. Have you tried calibrating the compass outside in an area free of electromagnetic interference?
2018-7-12
Use props
3rdEye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 399386 ft
Germany

I have problems as well. Bad reception, signal lost within 40m. iPhone 6, DJI 4 GO 4.2.22
2018-7-13
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-7-12 23:59
iPhone 6 is compatible - the compass is in the drone. Have you tried calibrating the compass outside in an area free of electromagnetic interference?

It is the compass in the bottom left corner of the phone,running DJI 4 Go it just spinns around ,I did an update (4.2.22) a few days ago thinking that it would fix it , but no luck. The audio low battery warnig before the update was not working and still is no good. The compass in my iPhone by it self spinns around ,I can't get  it fixed , I just like to know if other pilots have the same problem ,cheers
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear that. What is the IOS version of your iPhone 6?  Can you please provide a video on the APP wherein you can see the compass in the bottom left corner spinning?  You can use google drive or drop-box for you to upload it. Sometimes, wearing accessories like a watch or anything that has metals or magnets on it can cause issues on your compass.
2018-7-13
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

I use an iPhone 6 plus without issues.
2018-7-13
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have brought up the issue with no Low Battery audio alert numerous times...the 6S had the audio alert at one time and then with new DJI Go 4 updates it was lost.  I don't have any compass issues.
2018-7-13
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Hannes1 Posted at 2018-7-13 00:49
It is the compass in the bottom left corner of the phone,running DJI 4 Go it just spinns around ,I did an update (4.2.22) a few days ago thinking that it would fix it , but no luck. The audio low battery warnig before the update was not working and still is no good. The compass in my iPhone by it self spinns around ,I can't get  it fixed , I just like to know if other pilots have the same problem ,cheers

If your iPhone's compass is itself broken so it spins, the app will then show a spinning drone icon in the lower left corner.  The app relates the drones direction to the direction you are facing using the drone's compass and,...your phone's compass.

I use a iPhone6.  No issues but I monitor my battery level myself.  I think I have heard the low battery warning but can't be sure.  Not sure because I am already flying it back to my hand by the time the app starts alerting about the battery low level.  I remember a low battery voice as the alert but not sure when it was.

I also use batteries that haven't been used in awhile so they are often in storage mode with only 60% battery when I take off.  So they are pretty low to begin with.
2018-7-13
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPhone 6 here.  I get the low battery warning as of yesterday still.  Also no compass issues to report.
2018-7-13
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-7-13 07:38
iPhone 6 here.  I get the low battery warning as of yesterday still.  Also no compass issues to report.

But are you getting the audio Low Battery alert or the visual in red at the top of the screen???
2018-7-13
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-7-13 07:38

Audio and visual.
2018-7-13
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-7-13 06:48
If your iPhone's compass is itself broken so it spins, the app will then show a spinning drone icon in the lower left corner.  The app relates the drones direction to the direction you are facing using the drone's compass and,...your phone's compass.

I use a iPhone6.  No issues but I monitor my battery level myself.  I think I have heard the low battery warning but can't be sure.  Not sure because I am already flying it back to my hand by the time the app starts alerting about the battery low level.  I remember a low battery voice as the alert but not sure when it was.

"If your iPhone's compass is itself broken so it spins, the app will then show a spinning drone icon in the lower left corner"
That's the answer I was looking for ,I allways suspected that is was the i phone's compass. Well I have to get a new one ,cheers
2018-7-13
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

visual low battery warning
Then audio critical battery warning
iPhone 7 and 5th gen iPad

2018-7-13
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-13 19:05

So you don't get a "Low Battery" audio warning...just the visual one???
2018-7-13
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-7-13 19:09
So you don't get a "Low Battery" audio warning...just the visual one???

That is correct.
They got rid of the low battery audio at iOS 4.2.20 if I remember correctly
2018-7-13
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

My 6S lost the audio warning over 6 months ago...
2018-7-13
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3

pmshop Posted at 2018-7-13 19:05

Critical battery warning comes in at 10%  ?
I think that is already to late , a beginner could start to panic , not much time left ,  cheers
2018-7-13
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
United States

Yeah...critical low it auto lands.
2018-7-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hannes1 Posted at 2018-7-13 00:49

Yes it is, behind the map
2018-7-13
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>

Hannes1 Posted at 2018-7-13 19:28
Critical battery warning comes in at 10%  ?
I think that is already to late , a beginner could start to panic , not much time left ,  cheers

Yes, that is when it auto lands without the ability to abort the landing.
Positively not situation for beginners
I have been flying for 3 years and was not ready for my first auto land
2018-7-14
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3

To fly the Spark, would an  iPhone 6 , 16 GB  be  enough ,I will only use it  to fly the Spark ? cheers
2018-7-18
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Hannes1 Posted at 2018-7-18 00:32
To fly the Spark, would an  iPhone 6 , 16 GB  be  enough ,I will only use it  to fly the Spark ? cheers

Are you gonna buy the same IPhone 6 like you had just for the Compass in the DJI Go 4 App ?

Why don't you try to fix the IPhone that you already have, maybe a Degaussing and Re-Calibration is all that is needed ? Talk to an IPhone Repair Centre and get some Quotes from Pro Techinicans if I were you first. Maybe they can replace the Module for you and you will save a lot of money.

I you have no alternative in Fixing the Phone's Compass, then you have no other option but to buy a New Phone, if you want the Compass in the DJI Go 4 App to work as intended.

2018-7-18
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-18 02:49
Are you gonna buy the same IPhone 6 like you had just for the Compass in the DJI Go 4 App ?

Why don't you try to fix the IPhone that you already have, maybe a Degaussing and Re-Calibration is all that is needed ? Talk to an IPhone Repair Centre and get some Quotes from Pro Techinicans if I were you first. Maybe they can replace the Module for you as you will save a lot of money.

Yes I never thought of that ,I know it will need a new chip , I find out how much it will cost ,cheers
2018-7-18
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3

The guy in town can't fix it , got to be send away ,he's got no idea what it would cost,  chees
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hannes1 Posted at 2018-7-22 19:41
The guy in town can't fix it , got to be send away ,he's got no idea what it would cost,  chees

Hi, sorry about that, if you do have spare of a phone that is compatible with our aircraft, you can try to use that to check if you'll be getting the same result when in terms of a compass, please recalibrate the IMU and compass. Thank you.
2018-7-23
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-23 10:44
Hi, sorry about that, if you do have spare of a phone that is compatible with our aircraft, you can try to use that to check if you'll be getting the same result when in terms of a compass, please recalibrate the IMU and compass. Thank you.

Well I got a new iPhone 6 (old)  ,installed Go4 and it's working perfect and it is nice to see the compass working correct ,cheers
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hannes1 Posted at 2018-8-3 22:48
Well I got a new iPhone 6 (old)  ,installed Go4 and it's working perfect and it is nice to see the compass working correct ,cheers

Hi, thanks for the updates. Glad to know that you were able to fix the problem. Please keep us posted in any case you need our help.
2018-8-4
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-4 01:06
Hi, thanks for the updates. Glad to know that you were able to fix the problem. Please keep us posted in any case you need our help.

Will do ,cheers
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules