487 9 2018-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi guys and gals. Its me again ;)
Just wanted to ask you. When i switch on my spark and take it in hand, then i twist it in the air and i hear squicking sounds coming from the spark. Not loud but its there. Is it normal??? Im asking because i dont remember hearing them on the 1st spark that i lost in the woods.

Thanks all and safe flying
2018-7-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video, please!
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the trouble. I think you're hearing the internal fan. Please upload a video here so that we can check on that. You can use google drive or drop-box for you to upload it. Thank you.
2018-7-13
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

could be the internal cooling fan, DJI will prob ask you to send it in.
2018-7-13
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Is the camera gimbal binding against your palm?  It will try to stay level when the drone is twisted in the air.
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

The gimbal is ok, its trying and staying level. Its just when i move the drone its starts to squick a little. Im sure its the fan. The question is, is it safe to fly like this? Because in the end it doesnt bother me that much to send it in and be without a drone for 3 or more months.
2018-7-13
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-13 04:38
The gimbal is ok, its trying and staying level. Its just when i move the drone its starts to squick a little. Im sure its the fan. The question is, is it safe to fly like this? Because in the end it doesnt bother me that much to send it in and be without a drone for 3 or more months.

this is more strange behaviour than the drone problem !!
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

I mean i just got it 2 days ago. And i was without a drone for more than a month. So it would suck to send it in only after 2 days. DJI support, please tell me is it safe to fly? Its behaving normally.
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Ok. Just got back from a little flight. I think that the little squiks so far is just a "cosmetic" issue. Lets just hope that it doesnt turn into a "real" issue.
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Anyway. Regarding the little subtle buzzy noises that spark makes when shaken or twisted is normal as i have read on other posts. Many ppl have the same "issue" brand new drone makes little abnormal noises when shaken or twisted. Its normal as it turns out. DJI ELECTRA said that its normal. As long as it doesnt make any strange weird noises when still, its all ok
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules