iPad screen flickers / pixelates / slow refresh
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tonyc628
lvl.1

Using a an iPad mini on my Phamtom 4 Advance, during flight the screen on my iPad flickers, pixelates refreshers very slowly  I am less that a 100 feet from my drone in an open field.  This is the same location I fly my Phamtom 3 pro never had this type of issue.

P4 advanced firmwere and dji Go4 up to date.

Thanks!
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I do apologize to hear that you are having issues with your drone. Please reset camera settings using your DJI Go 4. See picture below for reference. Also, If you still having the same problem, please try to un-install and re-install DJI Go 4 app. Please update us once you're done. Thank you.

2018-7-13
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

"...and dji Go4 up to date."

That's where your problem is - if you are talking Mini 4. It can't handle the app well anymore.
You can achieve some better performance by doing all kinds of tweaks on the iPad (see phantompilots for it).
But its an outdated device for the more and more processing power hungry Go4 app.
2018-7-13
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Im agree with ERIC13 if you are using the Ipad mini 4 as I do make sure all your Ipad settings are customized to JUST run the Go App. Mine still works fine but if yours does not dont throw it or sell it as the new IOS 12 coming out soon is supposed to give them a new lease on life (so they say ) I have the Ipad mini 4 and the 2018 Ipad with the lovely  A10 fusion  chip flying my P3A and MPP Both work well even using the screen recorder but the new Ipad is as sweet as !!!!
2018-7-13
Use props
Tonyc628
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-13 09:32
Hi there. I do apologize to hear that you are having issues with your drone. Please reset camera settings using your DJI Go 4. See picture below for reference. Also, If you still having the same problem, please try to un-install and re-install DJI Go 4 app. Please update us once you're done. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks reset the camera and re-installed the DJI go 4 app big improvement.
2018-7-13
Use props
Tonyc628
lvl.1

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-13 10:57
"...and dji Go4 up to date."

That's where your problem is - if you are talking Mini 4. It can't handle the app well anymore.

Thanks tweak my iPad big improvement.
2018-7-13
Use props
Jake12
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376617 ft

I fly with iPad Air 1. First battery and the screen is ok, and no loss of signals and flickering. But in the beginning of the second battery, the sceeen starts to flickering. Guess the app is cache and eats up the CPU really fast.

No problem with iPhone X though.
2018-7-14
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

You can delete and reinstall the app. Update both the app and the iPad system. And I know there is another repair tool called TunesKit iOS System Recovery (https://www.tuneskit.com/ios-system-recovery-for-win.html) that can fix iPad screen flickering.
2021-4-30
Use props
sherrr
New

United States

hi, maybe this video could help you. It's a channel called Joyoshare iOS solution, which offers various methods to fix screen flickering. Hopefully, your issue would be fixed quickly.
2023-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules