AC AUTOMATICALLY CHANGES FROM FCC TO EC AFTER REBOOT!
1307 18 2018-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all. Just got back from a little flight and a couple of issues has arisen.
1. Ac automatically changes from fcc mode to ec after reboot EVEN without internet. Also it takes maaany tries to change it back to fcc. It just doesnt work (almost). And on ec mode i can only get 200 mts tops when here by law you can go to 500 mts. I want to do that on fcc if i cant on ec. Is it normal that it changes automatically?
2.video quality is just plain awful and unusable, FROM THE START UNTIL THE END, very very choppy video.
To be honest im a bit dissappointed so far. I mean i saw a video of the new autel drone, perfect quality video 2 miles away, always perfect. I mean if they can do it, WHY DJI CANT, arent they "the leaders in drone market and have the best drones???
OR DO I HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHET 150 EUROS ON MODIFIYING THE REMOTE, so that i can finally get good quality video???

Thanks all and

Safe flying

Alex B
2018-7-13
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
Netherlands

My app always asks before changing back to EC when in FCC, I just have to press Cancel. It never did this automatically. I just use an GPS fake app to get it back to FCC when needed.About you video quality, it shouldn't be like that. The Spark can produce very good quality video. Can be several reasons, like your brand of SD-card. Is it supported by DJI and did you format it in the Spark?
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Well actually its saved directly on the phone through otg cable. Maybe its the cache size that was set to 2gb instead of auto. Also today i was testing 4.2.12, the video on the screen was more or less ok but when i watched it later, it was choppy like hell. Im back to 4.2.16. I think so far its the best version for my samsung galaxy s6. And yes ac CHANGES BACK TO EC WITHOUT ASKING ME.
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Terp1234, which version of the app and device r u using?
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Hmm i read that quality on the phone vs quality on the card is much better on sd card. Will try 2morrow sd card.
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Now im thinking, maybe it changes automatically because im connected to wifi and not 4g???
2018-7-13
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-13 14:33
Now im thinking, maybe it changes automatically because im connected to wifi and not 4g???

No, it takes the GPS reading of where you are through the drone.
Doesn't need WiFi or a data line to "know where it is".
2018-7-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-13 13:44
Well actually its saved directly on the phone through otg cable. Maybe its the cache size that was set to 2gb instead of auto. Also today i was testing 4.2.12, the video on the screen was more or less ok but when i watched it later, it was choppy like hell. Im back to 4.2.16. I think so far its the best version for my samsung galaxy s6. And yes ac CHANGES BACK TO EC WITHOUT ASKING ME.

You could try 4.1.15, perhaps.
2018-7-13
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-13 14:07
Hmm i read that quality on the phone vs quality on the card is much better on sd card. Will try 2morrow sd card.

On both iOS and Android I'm using the latest available app versions. As mentioned above it doesn't matter what kind of connection you have or no connection at all to switch from FCC to EC. I think it is also some kind of geofence inside the drone.
Don't use the pictures/videos from the cached log of your phone, they are reduced in size. Use the files from Spark's SD card. You ca also download them through your app to your gallery. Those are the full quality ones.
2018-7-13
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Hmmm interesting. So you are saying that it changes automatically from ec to fcc because im 8km away from the Barcelona airport?
2018-7-14
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

I installed 4.2.14 because 4.2.15 is not on apkpure. Well see how that goes.
2018-7-14
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Ok. So finally i found out how it changes automatically without asking. It does so if i connect through otg first, but if i connect through wifi first, then yes a get a prompt to change settings on which i press cancel. And so i stay on fcc. After that i connect otg cable and all works fine.
2018-7-14
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4

Ok, good to hear it is working again. But it behaves different then on my devices. I use OTG almost always and also always get the EC/FCC question (which I cancel).
2018-7-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-7-14 06:56
Ok, good to hear it is working again. But it behaves different then on my devices. I use OTG almost always and also always get the EC/FCC question (which I cancel).

Good Advice Terp.

2018-7-14
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

One question. I installed 4.1.15 but the image is not fullscreen like on 4.2.16 for example. Is it normal for 4.1.15 to have black bars on sides of the video image???
2018-7-14
Use props
Putzfrau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26896 ft
Sweden

I guess you're in photo mode. Switch to video mode and the black bars disappear.
2018-7-14
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Thanks. Got that. Just came back from a little rvening sunset flight and so far i had the best quality signal ever on 4.1.15 and on FCC and WITHOUT otg. BUT THERES A BIG BUT. 4.1.15 doesnt have any intelligent modes so i have to choose good quality signal and no int modes or int modes but bad quality signal? Dji why cant you just fix your app? I mean hire better I.T. if needed. Competition has better quality signal transmission. But i like dji drones and to this point im sticking with dji. Even though they only offered me 15% discount on the new one, because i lost the 1st one. A bit too little to be honest...
2018-7-14
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Netherlands

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-14 12:06
Thanks. Got that. Just came back from a little rvening sunset flight and so far i had the best quality signal ever on 4.1.15 and on FCC and WITHOUT otg. BUT THERES A BIG BUT. 4.1.15 doesnt have any intelligent modes so i have to choose good quality signal and no int modes or int modes but bad quality signal? Dji why cant you just fix your app? I mean hire better I.T. if needed. Competition has better quality signal transmission. But i like dji drones and to this point im sticking with dji. Even though they only offered me 15% discount on the new one, because i lost the 1st one. A bit too little to be honest...

But have you tried the latest 4.2.20 version? It works perfectly for me, so could for you as well.
2018-7-14
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Yep. Tried it 4 days ago. Unusable for me. Very pixelated video. 150 mts range. All the time disconnects,the ac was in front of me. So its not for galaxy s6. Well i havent tried factory resetting the phone and only installing dji go 4. 4.2.20,maybe then itll work ok. But i cant do that and who honestly can.
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules