Lost DJI Spark in tree
2551 17 2018-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zsJDUa1QPUDO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57490 ft
United States

I was flying my Spark above my house for a 360 panorama and started to fly down to the ground and all of the sudden I lost live feed and GPS went out and it started drifting pretty fast to the street across from mine and crashed into a tree. I managed to get video while it was in the tree, however, I cannot find my drone and it looks like it is in the top of the tree, but I cannot see it.

The battery is dead so I can't do Find My Drone so I am unsure of what to do now. Any tips on how to find it/get it out if I do find it from the tree?

Thanks
2018-7-13
Use props
mhw#209
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96319 ft
United States

Just brainstorming and thinkong outside the box a little, but a fiching net with a longer pole might be a useful safety net!
2018-7-13
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Find someone driving a bucket truck and offer them some cash.
2018-7-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

A ladder, perhaps? How big is that tree?
You could try to find a drone owner, who could check it from the top for you.
2018-7-13
Use props
dronto
lvl.4

Hope you can locate it soon. The idea of getting another drone to survey the area was good
2018-7-13
Use props
NP_Thornz
lvl.1
United States

dronto Posted at 2018-7-13 19:42
Hope you can locate it soon. The idea of getting another drone to survey the area was good

I don’t have any friends that have drones. I do have a good idea on where it’s at so going to check my neighbors yard tomorrow. Will update you guys if I have any luck!
2018-7-13
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Is there more than one tree?  Perhaps a neighbor has one of those telescopic tree puners, I have one, it extends to about 15 feet.....  I would lend you mine.. I think you're a long way off!  A tree service company wold have the bucket truck someone else suggested, Google it!
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I'm sorry to read the crash. Please contact our Support Team to report the incident: (http://www.dji.com/support). Kindly send the flight records to them for analysis. Thanks for your support.
2018-7-14
Use props
geann/drone
New

Canada

any luck with this? juts happened to us today lost it in a camping trip about 60ft high tree so sad
2018-7-15
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2

Can you ask assistance from another with a drone? Perhaps he can help locate, rescue? I had mine stuck up in a tree, but I waited two hours for the winds to dislodge it so I could intercept it.
2018-7-15
Use props
NP_Thornz
lvl.1
United States

geann/drone Posted at 2018-7-15 17:50
any luck with this? juts happened to us today lost it in a camping trip about 60ft high tree so sad

No luck. Looked for 2 hours and still haven't found it. I am in contact with DJI to see if its under warranty or anything. Will let you know what they say.
2018-7-16
Use props
Smark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

I got a drone stuck in a very high tree once. I ended up attaching fishing line to a small weight and, using a powerful slingshot, launched the weight and the line over the branch. I then pulled on the line to shake the branch until the drone fell. I now call it my 'Drone Retrieval Kit'.
2018-7-16
Use props
fans464e5805
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181030 ft
United States

4 years ago. My Phantom 2 Vision + - they still hadn't gotten the RTH functionality working as well as it should have been working. I called the Fire House up the street. They all came down, had a bunch of questions, the Captain flew the drone and they now use them as support.

2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry about the lost drone, have you tried to use "Find my drone" feature? It can provide you the last location of your drone before it disconnects to your remote controller, however, I strongly advise contacting our like Paladin mentioned on post #8 so that our team can provide an appropriate resolution as well.
2018-7-16
Use props
R503B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14672 ft

I've lost a few toy drones in trees, but always managed to recover them by climbing the trees
2018-7-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

R503B Posted at 2018-7-17 23:48
I've lost a few toy drones in trees, but always managed to recover them by climbing the trees

Or a chainsaw could help, too?
2018-7-18
Use props
NP_Thornz
lvl.1
United States

Hey so I heard back from DJI and they did an analysis and confirmed it was warranty worthy. They are sending me a new drone free of charge. So Happy!
2018-7-18
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Have been in same problem, used the 12" shotgun with slugs to break the brenches.. that worked really fine. My spark slided down til i could reach it on the lowest brench..
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules