Ronin-M makes weird noise and shakes during Auto Tune. Not working at all
6478 3 2015-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhamelin
lvl.2
Canada

Another thread I know...
I managed to get the assistant app on a windows computer. I re-balanced my ring & made sure that all the nuts were tight (even used the Allen wrench on all of them) . When I start the app and click "auto tune" and the whole thing starts shaking. I did some reasearch on the original Ronin, apparently it was a common problem with light weight camera, people had to put the stiffness down to around 25.
I guess that problem made sense with the original ronin, but now with the M... how can light weight cameras be a problem when it was designed for them?

I tried the suggestions of the Ronin owners and reduced the stiffness. First a 25, then at 20, then at 15 at and the end 0. It never worked, it's always the same result. On the live data feed, I can see the numbers for power go very high on all 3 axis.

And yes my camera (5d III) is well enough balanced, in all the axis. And yes the lens support is installed.

Any suggestions? Or do I have to wait for a software update from DJI (again)?

Thanks
2015-5-20
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 919232 ft
United States

How did you managed to get the Gimbal Assistant App on windows to connect to the Ronin M? I have no luck getting it to connect.
2015-5-20
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.2
Canada

Nothing special really... I downloaded the windows driver, it took a couple minute to install then I downloaded the assistant app and it worked like a charm.

UPDATE : I thought that maybe it was the Windows assistant software that was bugged and was causing my Ronin-M to malfunction, so I installed the iphone app on my girlfriends phone. The app connected to the Ronin-M like it should, but as soon as I pressed on auto-tune the thing started making these grinding noise and vibration again.

Apparently Ronin owners had to add weight when this happened... So could a Canon 5d MarkIII with a 16-35mm + the lens attachement be to light for the Ronin-M? How can that make sense...

Looking forward to hear from DJI about this
2015-5-20
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 919232 ft
United States

jhamelin@jhdpro Posted at 2015-5-21 11:01
Nothing special really... I downloaded the windows driver, it took a couple minute to install then I ...

It could be that your "rough balance" is off and the motors have to work and compensate too much for it.  I am using a GH3 w/12-35mm, and a a7s w/16-35, using my friend's iPhone, my balance was off and the motor was making loud sounds, so I re-balance the whole "rough balance" process, works like a charm once I fired up the app. Still can't get it to work on my Android or PC.
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules