Object avoidence. and update
576 4 2018-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

Welll I have to say, I've noticed some improvement after the latest update for my Phantom-4 old school plane jane drone.
The Geofence.......Way stronger.  Being in 3 class D fly zones,  It has put more accurate restrictions on my flying.  I can no longer fly all the way across
the field next to my house without getting a serious warrning to turn around.  

The other is the forward obstical sensors are way more sensitive.   Now my drone will stop for just about anything in front of it.  even leaves.   It's gr8 except I have to listen to a lot more beeping when I around stuff taking photos or vids.
Other then that...I can't say that I have noticed any other changes.    happy flying
worse things happen at sea

2018-7-13
Use props
Luka13579
lvl.2

Serbia

When the new update for phantom 4 standard was released I did not get notification?
2018-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I wonder if the Obstacle Avoidance would benefit from a VPS calibration using DJI Assistant 2 and a PC ?
Might make it a bit less sensitive. I get occasional warnings but usually when pointing towards Sun.
2018-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Luka13579 Posted at 2018-7-13 20:50
When the new update for phantom 4 standard was released I did not get notification?

The last release for the P4 was back in January:-

Overview
• Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0700
• Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.3.0
• DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.1.22
• DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.1.22
2018-7-14
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

I like where it's at now.  I used to worry about those little clumps of 5-6 leaves that the drone never seemed to see.
Now......very safe to foy in GPS.  
And yes...It does beep a lot but for me that's way better then clipping some leaves or a wire and crashing drone.
As far as the Geofence.....I can live with that.   I
m in a sweet spot between Boeing field, Renton Mun which is full of Boing jets.  and SeaTac int. airport..  I'm in class D air space   so I really like to stay out of trouble with these jets.
So me can't compline……..much   
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules