Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Imu won’t calibrate (automatic orientation error)
5675 6 2018-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans91cdf1a4
lvl.1
Australia

Can someone please help me

I recently bought a second hand phantom 4 from eBay.
When I recived the drone everything worked fine until I had to calibrate the imu. Every time I calibrate I get an error saying automatic orientation error (error code -50) and (error code 1). I have done all the updates even factory reset it with dji assistant 2, put in freezer for 30m and the slap method!

What else can I do to solve this issue, I really don’t wont to send it back to dji for repears since people have being getting charged for thing that they don’t wont fixed and can be very expensive.

Picture of what the drone shows when calibrating the imu.
9B2CF11A-5B47-4F2C-93B3-15E17D9FD6C0.jpeg
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Have you tried performing a factory reset? Kindly connect to DJI Assistant 2 and do a firmware refresh. After that please do a factory reset and see what the status of the IMU is. You can download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/in ... te_search#downloads).
2018-7-14
Use props
fans91cdf1a4
lvl.1
Australia

@DJI Paladin

Yes I have already tried that and still same results
2018-7-14
Use props
fans91cdf1a4
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-14 04:46
Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Have you tried performing a factory reset? Kindly connect to DJI Assistant 2 and do a firmware refresh. After that please do a factory reset and see what the status of the IMU is. You can download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info?site=brandsite&from=insite_search#downloads).

I have already tried that but did not change my results.
2018-7-14
Use props
fans0838e6b1
New
United States

Hi,

Did you have it fixed? I had the same problem for almost a month and could not have it fixed.
2018-8-2
Use props
fans91cdf1a4
lvl.1
Australia

fans0838e6b1 Posted at 2018-8-2 10:23
Hi,

Did you have it fixed? I had the same problem for almost a month and could not have it fixed.

Yeah I had to send it off to dji to get fixed. They replaced the main controller board I think and it cost $200 aud all up.
2018-8-2
Use props
xoxo35
New
Flight distance : 158310 ft

START CALIBRATION IN HORIZONTAL LOCATION NOT FLAT IF THE TEMPERATURE FAILS, GET STARTED AFTER 10 MINUTES IN THE REFRIGERATOR
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules