Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ground Station Support for Phantom 3 for Programmed Flight Routes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greggsmith21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5677631 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will the Phantom 3 have the ability to leverage Ground Station capabilities for creating and uploading the flight path to the drone so that I can program a flight for the drone and tell it where to fly and what flight pattern to use?  Also will it have the ability conrol how the drone flies with regards to what I want it to focus on like going around an object in a circle while keeping the camera focused on the object versus just flying around the object?

What does the drawing ability do in the Maps view?  I draw a line on the screen but I don't see waypoints or any other way of controlling the aircraft with that line.  The eraser doesn't work for me either.
2015-5-20
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

" I want it to focus on like going around an object in a circle while keeping the camera focused on the object versus just flying around the object?"

Have no idea if DJI will ultimately provide autonomous (i.e., flight plans) for the P3. The other function you describe is called POI (Point of Interest). The feature will apparently let you fly in a straight line, while maintaining focus on something else along the way. DJI has led us to believe that feature is coming.
2015-5-20
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-21 09:11
" I want it to focus on like going around an object in a circle while keeping the camera focused on  ...

That feature can exist.  Enable return to home and the phantom will maintain that course as you turn around and even go completely backwards.  So, it would make sense to be able to fly and have point of interest.  
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules