Roll Axis Balancing Issues - Always Horizontal -
31877 47 2018-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jnava55
lvl.1
United States

I am having trouble with balncing the roll, as well.  I read through the thread and still feel like there is something off with my Ronin S.  Anytime i want to change from upright mode to horizontal, the camera will roll off to the left, even though the app tells me everything is balanced excellent.  Help please
2018-10-4
Use props
Fzaoui
lvl.1
Morocco

Hi there,

I bought a new ronin S recently, and have the exact problem with the roll axis, though it wasn't really an issue since the other motors are well balanced. BUT when I was filming for a project, I could see some shakes and the footages were not as I would expect, I've been using gimbals from different brands and never experienced a similar problem.

Is there any solution ?

THanks in advance
2019-2-6
Use props
JosiahD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805758 ft
United States

I bought a new ronin S recently, and have the same problem with the roll axis. please help.
2019-2-18
Use props
GiuFed 68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7110 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Just to dust off the post, has anyone solved it? I have the same problem with Lumix S1 and 24 105.
2019-6-22
Use props
DavisYates
lvl.1

United States

GREAT NEWS. I was having this same problem and I just solved it by raising the roll axis. The problem is that when we tighten it, gravity is pulling the roll axis down, so it is slumped below the angle DJI designed it to sit at. The roll axis must be supported and held upwards while it is tightened, so it is flush with the back piece. If it is not supported, it droops down to a lower angle and this is what causes the problem. I attached a photo for reference. You want the axis to be aligned with the green line. The problem occurs when it is more aligned with the red line. Hope this helps!
IMG_1661.JPG
2019-8-14
Use props
Creeeds
lvl.1

DavisYates Posted at 8-14 09:13
GREAT NEWS. I was having this same problem and I just solved it by raising the roll axis. The problem is that when we tighten it, gravity is pulling the roll axis down, so it is slumped below the angle DJI designed it to sit at. The roll axis must be supported and held upwards while it is tightened, so it is flush with the back piece. If it is not supported, it droops down to a lower angle and this is what causes the problem. I attached a photo for reference. You want the axis to be aligned with the green line. The problem occurs when it is more aligned with the red line. Hope this helps!

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldnt tightening the roll axis bring it up to the green line? I would imagine it would only be closer to the red line whilst loosened off? I am still having this issue - was anyone able to find an answer?
2019-9-12
Use props
CHIENDON
New

Japan

SpicyMexican Posted at 2018-9-2 12:44
Hi Robtek,
From what I understand, the roll axis doesn't need to be balanced perfectly for the gimbal to operate correctly. If you can't get your roll axis balanced perfectly, the ronin will have a harder time stabilizing at certain angles, but should still work for the most part. I'm not sure what kind of strain this puts the ronin on and how it affects its longevity, however.

I got a totally identical roll axis issue as well. I'm not sure if it's due to an overloaded setup, mine is a SONY a7s2 with Zeiss CP.2 15mm prime lens and a Tilta Nucleus-N wireless motor, and that's all. Roll axis has never been balanced and also has some weird counter direction jerking on pan axis.
2020-5-11
Use props
Manuel Cavaleras
New

Austria

DavisYates Posted at 2019-8-14 09:13

Guys, THIS is the solution! I also read it in another thread regarding the RS2 but didn't quite understand it. It worked for my RS2! No idea why this is even working but it does.

I try to explain what I did. Grab that "arm" that connects the two motors (see picture in DavidYates Post, the arm with the green line) and hold it up. You will find there is some leeway in the clamp. Now of course the screw gets super loose. So you need to tigthen it several times, which means tighten it, then pull the handle of the screw so you can turn it back to the starting position, now tighten it again. And always make sure your are holding up that arm while doing it! Repeat as many times until you feel the screw actually getting tighter. My RS2 roll axis is finally working!
2021-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules