Spark update frustration
1063 11 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timothysoup
lvl.1

Bought my Spark about 5 hours ago... I have spent that 5 hours trying to set it up so I can fly it, still not flying!!!
It keeps failing the firmware update. Searched on youtube, Dji downloads (it was titled spark but downloaded something for espire or something like that) nothing that works including Dji assist. This is completly ridiculous!!!
If I knew I had to have a degree in computer science to fly this thing I never would have bought it! It just failed for the 5th time.
At this point even if I could get it to fly the excitment is completly gone. There is no way a person should have to go threw this much crap just to actually use this thing.
I watched a bunch of video's about the Mavic and the Spark and Got the spark because I thought it was a good entry level drone to start with, very excited to get it home... now it's taking a lot of will power to keep from thowing it against the wall... I should have bought a kite!

2018-7-15
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

Down loaded DJI assist 2 to my Macbook pro, connected to my spark with USB, trying the firmware update for the 3rd time! This is so pathetic. There is no way you should have to go through this much crap! I have never had to go threw so much crap to update anything, laptop, printer, phone, toaster!
2018-7-15
Use props
funk76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650 ft

United States

So you can see the Spark in the DJI assistant app?  It lets you start the update, but it fails every time?  Just want to make sure I'm keeping up.

Have you tried the "reset" option?  If not, I would give it a shot.

Have you been successful connecting it all to your phone?  Some updates are possible via the phone connection as well.  I'm no expert, but figured I'd try to help.
2018-7-15
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

Failed again (error code oxo26c03). Keeps getting to 99% and then failing. Trying a previous update.
2018-7-15
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

funk76 Posted at 2018-7-15 16:27
So you can see the Spark in the DJI assistant app?  It lets you start the update, but it fails every time?  Just want to make sure I'm keeping up.

Have you tried the "reset" option?  If not, I would give it a shot.

I started off trying to update with my phone. I connects to the remote but would not allow me to fly. Firmware update required. Camera was working though. I just tried a restore to factory settings and then tried updating with an older firmware update and it failed again.
I bought the Go Fly combo but it didn't come with a micro card (Best Buy), I am starting to wonder if it must have one for the update.I just figured the micro card was for saving footage.
Thanks for the help
2018-7-15
Use props
fansc62dfedd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541 ft

Colombia

It is better if it does not fly maybe would be broken like mine
2018-7-15
Use props
funk76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650 ft

United States

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-15 16:45
I started off trying to update with my phone. I connects to the remote but would not allow me to fly. Firmware update required. Camera was working though. I just tried a restore to factory settings and then tried updating with an older firmware update and it failed again.
I bought the Go Fly combo but it didn't come with a micro card (Best Buy), I am starting to wonder if it must have one for the update.I just figured the micro card was for saving footage.
Thanks for the help

It doesn't need the micro SD card to fly.

Since you just bought it, I would box it up and return it immediately so they can get you another one.  After my recent experience, that LAST thing you want is to send it to DJI to repair.  
2018-7-15
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

funk76 Posted at 2018-7-15 17:01
It doesn't need the micro SD card to fly.

Since you just bought it, I would box it up and return it immediately so they can get you another one.  After my recent experience, that LAST thing you want is to send it to DJI to repair.

Just got back from picking up an sd card, did not solve the problem, still fails to complete update. I thought maybe it stored some of the update on the card, figured I would give it a shot since I am running out of idea's.
I think you are right, I'm going to return it. The thing that sucks is I Best Buy has a 15% restocking fee on returns.
This whole thing has really popped my bubble. I bought the Spark as a starter drone and had already planned on moving up to the Mavic Pro once I got comfortable flying the Spark. Now I lost all my enthusiasm. Perhaps a new fishing pole would be a better idea.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-15 16:28
Failed again (error code oxo26c03). Keeps getting to 99% and then failing. Trying a previous update.

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having too many troubles on your DJI Spark. If it shows the error code 0x026c03, we do suggest to send back the aircraft for further assessment.
2018-7-16
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft

Sorry to bring you the bad news. Unfortunately I think you got a bad unit which is rare. Go back to Best Buy to replace it.
2018-7-16
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-15 17:57
Just got back from picking up an sd card, did not solve the problem, still fails to complete update. I thought maybe it stored some of the update on the card, figured I would give it a shot since I am running out of idea's.
I think you are right, I'm going to return it. The thing that sucks is I Best Buy has a 15% restocking fee on returns.
This whole thing has really popped my bubble. I bought the Spark as a starter drone and had already planned on moving up to the Mavic Pro once I got comfortable flying the Spark. Now I lost all my enthusiasm. Perhaps a new fishing pole would be a better idea.

The restocking fee shouldn't apply to exchanges for a defective unit. Sounds like you just got a bad one unfortunately, just have Best Buy give you a replacement!
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-15 17:57
Just got back from picking up an sd card, did not solve the problem, still fails to complete update. I thought maybe it stored some of the update on the card, figured I would give it a shot since I am running out of idea's.
I think you are right, I'm going to return it. The thing that sucks is I Best Buy has a 15% restocking fee on returns.
This whole thing has really popped my bubble. I bought the Spark as a starter drone and had already planned on moving up to the Mavic Pro once I got comfortable flying the Spark. Now I lost all my enthusiasm. Perhaps a new fishing pole would be a better idea.

Hi, were you able to fix the issue? If the issue still exists, I would suggest contacting Best buy or you could go ahead and reach our team so that we can help you further. Kindly see the link below. Thank you.

www.dji.com/support
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules