No Micro card
721 11 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timothysoup
lvl.1

My Spark did not come with a micro sd. Do you have to have one? Could that be why it won't complete the firmware update?
2018-7-15
Use props
David_Thames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34656 ft
United States

Yes in order to save the footage. You need to purchase one
2018-7-15
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

I am not planing on saving any footage right now. I just want to fly it so I can see if I like it. Do you have to have the micro just to fly it? Does it possibly download some of the firmware update to the micro?
2018-7-15
Use props
funk76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650 ft

United States

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-15 16:31
I am not planing on saving any footage right now. I just want to fly it so I can see if I like it. Do you have to have the micro just to fly it? Does it possibly download some of the firmware update to the micro?

Micro SD not req'd to fly it.
2018-7-15
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

But do we need the micro SD card in the drone to update the firmware?
2018-7-15
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

No you don't
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you haven't received the SD card that came with the unit.  May we know where did you purchase the aircraft?  Is this a brand new or refurbished? For additional reference, I'll be posting a link that contains the Spark's product overview.

DJI Store

2018-7-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The micro SD card is not required to update FW or fly the drone. It is required to save the footage/stills for editing and viewing on a computer/monitor.
2018-7-16
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-16 11:55
Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you haven't received the SD card that came with the unit.  May we know where did you purchase the aircraft?  Is this a brand new or refurbished? For additional reference, I'll be posting a link that contains the Spark's product overview.

Bought it from Best Buy.
I noticed on the box where it shows the items included that it does not show an SD card.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-16 12:26
Bought it from Best Buy.
I noticed on the box where it shows the items included that it does not show an SD card.

Hi, like A CW mentioned, it's not necessary to have an SD card when in terms of flying the aircraft, however, you have to have an SD card for you to record photos and videos as well for editing purposes. If may I ask did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft? were you able to fix the issue?
2018-7-16
Use props
Timothysoup
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-16 14:10
Hi, like A CW mentioned, it's not necessary to have an SD card when in terms of flying the aircraft, however, you have to have an SD card for you to record photos and videos as well for editing purposes. If may I ask did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft? were you able to fix the issue?

Actually, I took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it. After talking with DJI tech support they said they error code it was showing required a replacement.
Brought the new one home, down loaded the firmware update and have been flying.
Already killed 2 battery's so I'm waiting for them to recharge now.
Only problem I had with the new one was it wouldn't scan the QR.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Timothysoup Posted at 2018-7-16 15:38
Actually, I took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it. After talking with DJI tech support they said they error code it was showing required a replacement.
Brought the new one home, down loaded the firmware update and have been flying.
Already killed 2 battery's so I'm waiting for them to recharge now.

Once the RC to AC is properly connected, you'll be needing to connect the phone to RC via Wi-Fi and it's not necessary to scan the QR code.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules