My Drone Gone Missing
2435 46 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Maybe plot horizontal speed vs battery Voltage for a few "runs" (strait line ) on same battery - upwind and downwind.
2018-7-18
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

This can be very complex to really proof.  Other variables are air pressure. power to weight ( accessories on the AC).

If the current that the AC use from the battery was also available one could get closer to real numbers,  ie. Energy needed to RTH at higher or lower speeds under the same conditions.
Their are bound to be a "sweet spot" and I'm sure that the DJI engineers select the safe region. Flying at sea level and at maximum specified altitude .
2018-7-18
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

62+ Posted at 2018-7-18 10:54
Sorry but not  have the experienced to comment on this.
I would say one need to do detailed analysis of data with a number of stable variables. eg windspeed, altitude, battery level, condition of battery etc, to really test this one.

62+,

RcGyro column in cvs file is not what you think it is. It refers to a camera gimbal wheel which you have under your left forefinger when you hold RC.

All RC columns refer to RC sticks. In mode 2 configuration:
  • RcAileron: right stick controlling roll
  • RcElevator: right stick controlling pitch
  • RcRudder: left stick controlling yaw
  • RcThrottle: left stick controlling throttle (up/down)

Where do you see RcGyro movement after connection was lost? Logs ended the moment connection was lost.

Mirek

2018-7-18
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

Mirek

Still learning every day. Thank you.
Could then just be pilot input.

iD  2611  4m 22,9s     809
ID  2612 4m 23s        364
ID  2613  4m 23,1s    364

Duration 0,2 of a second ?? Time of impact ?? Gimbal first then the rest of the AC ??

2018-7-18
Use props
Kirby Harrison 3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251558 ft
United Kingdom

Mine did the same dji will put it down to pilot error they know about this fault but won't admit responsibility. Don't waste your time mate buy another drone from a company that gives a damm !!
2018-7-18
Use props
62+
Second Officer
South Africa

Kirby,
Seen your incident on the forum and it is now  between you and DJI.
Bye
2018-7-18
Use props
Kamal Nor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307024 ft
Malaysia

Just wanted to share the update from DJI support. As predicted they had offered 30% off but I already bought a Mavic Air.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For your case CAS-2037265-W7T4F1, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked under Sport mode and responded to the pilot's control well;
2. T=04:37, H=66.6 m, D=768.7 m, the aircraft flew forward after the pilot pushed the Elevator forward, then the flight record ended;
3. The last point: 3.1213122 101.7286666.

The record ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened afterward.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and would like to purchase a new one, we can offer you a 30% off coupon for a new Spark:
http://store.dji.com/product/spark

If you would like to accept the offer, please reply to my email with the contents as “I accept the offer”.

Sorry that DJI online store doesn't reach Malaysia. May I know when you place the order, do you want to have the aircraft shipped to Hong Kong? If the aircraft was purchased from Malaysia directly, you can also contact the dealer for further assistance.

Should you have more questions about the result of the data analysis, please reply to this email directly within 15 calendar days. Then we will contact you via email in 2-3 working days.

Thanks for your support. Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Evelyn
DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules