Firmware Update Problem
743 6 2018-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NextOne86
New
Germany

Hi Guys,
So Iam at the moment on vacation and due to a failed Firmware Update, my ac is at the newest Firmware but the rc is one update behind. Therefor i cannot fly the ac in rc mode. As I dont have any Laptop etc with me to use the dji assistant I tried to downgrade to an earlier version but every attempt I started through the dji go app failed at approx 5 % of the update process. Did maybe someone else have the same problem in the past and has some advice how i can fix this problem.
Thx in advance.

Best regards
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I do apologize but you really need to use the DJI Assistant 2 for you to be able to update the firmware of your remote controller since there's a problem with the app. I suggest please borrow a laptop or computer to your friends or relatives. or you can try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 app and try to do the update again. If you have any other concern, please let us know. Thanks.
2018-7-16
Use props
NextOne86
New
Germany

Thanks for your response. As nobody of our group has brought their Laptop with them and the dji app deletion and reinstall didn't work,I will have to fly the short distance in WiFi Mode. When iam back home i will update the remote with dji assistant.
2018-7-16
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry.  That has to be the second biggest ball of suck I can imagine.  (with the first being crashing just before vacation!)
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Isn't there any prompt message showed in the app asking for an update for the remote? Did you check under aircraft status then, overall status and check if there is an option there to upgrade the remote?
2018-7-16
Use props
NextOne86
New
Germany

Hello there, I looked up what you mentioned as you can see in the Screenshot the remote is one Version behind the ac but I cannot Update it through this Option. And when I try to make the Firmware Update directly when it's shown when i connect rc and ac the progress will fail every time at around 5% progress
Screenshot_20180717-184914.jpg
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

NextOne86 Posted at 2018-7-17 07:55
Hello there, I looked up what you mentioned as you can see in the Screenshot the remote is one Version behind the ac but I cannot Update it through this Option. And when I try to make the Firmware Update directly when it's shown when i connect rc and ac the progress will fail every time at around 5% progress

Hi, I would like to ask if this is your first time that you'll update your unit? have you tried to use a different mobile device and check if you can update using other devices? were you able to use the DJI Assistant 2?
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules