Phantom 4 Pro vs Mavic Pro
1492 9 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harrykane
New

Hello all,
I have been flying missions (maybe 30 or so) with Mavic Pro with good success but have recently upgraded to a P4P. With Mavic I typically flew at 175 agl, 65% sidelap, 75% frontlap and max speed of 15mph (I had earlier problems with faster speeds). I also used manual focus and exposure keeping ISO at 100 with max shutter speed for the conditions. I also used +3,+3,0 camera setting for best sharpness/contrast in the photos. I was wondering, in general, if I should make any adjustments to these settings for the P4P? One big change I hope to be able to make is faster drone speed, letting the DD use maximum speed of 34mph. Also, I assume it is best to use f-stop (not available on Mavic) to maximize shutter speed up to about 1/1000 beyond which I am thinking higher f-stop would help focus (assumption being that 1/1000 SS is fast enough. Any change to overlap to allow for the P4P’s wider field of view? Any input would be most welcome.
Thanks

2018-7-16
Use props
John7219
New

India

Phantom 4 pro is a good option as compared to the Mavic pro. I am waiting for a review of both the devices. I go to Netgear technical support for details of the devices which I purchase from netgear.
2018-7-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DroneDeploy will calculate and set appropriate speeds for the height of your mapping mission.
DD will also work out overlaps for you.
Forget about the depth of field effects and aperture as the lens has so much DoF at any aperture that this does not matter.
Try using auto camera settings in DD, it works very well.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information you have provided us today. Just for reference, I will be posting a link where you can compare and will be able to see the specs of different DJI Drones.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2018-7-16
Use props
ameejames
New

Phantom 4 pro is a good option as compared to the Mavic pro. I am waiting for a review of both the devices. I go to Netgear Support for details of the devices which I purchase from netgear.
2019-10-16
Use props
Ordansmith
New

[tr][/tr]
[tr][/tr]
Phantom 4 pro is a good option as compared to the Mavic pro. I am waiting for a review of both the devices. I go to Belkin Customer Service for details of the devices which I purchase from Belkin.

2019-10-16
Use props
edwardpitt
New

India

Phantom 4 pro is a good option as compared to the Mavic pro. I am waiting for a review of both the devices. I go to Kaspersky Contact for details of the devices which I purchase from Kaspersky Contact.
2019-10-18
Use props
ameejames
New

India

Phantom 4 pro is a good option as compared to the Mavic pro. I am waiting for a review of both the devices. I go to details of the devices which I purchase from netgear. Netgear Support Australia
2020-2-22
Use props
ameejames
New

India

https://www.support-router.com/au/netgear-support/
2020-2-22
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Is this a language barrier thing or did I really miss something?
2020-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules