Osmo 2 Mount too small for Galaxy S9+
1546 7 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianc911
lvl.1
United States

Hi there,

Just a little feedback for the DJI folks. I was looking fowardward to trying out an Osmo 2, so ordered one up.

Unfortunately, the balancing arm would not permit sufficient travel to allow balancing my S9+ with its (slim) case on. It would barely balance with the case off, but it is a real pain to remove the case every time I want to use it. When a good balance was achieved, it interfered with the gimbal's free movement, and the gimbal couldn't be stored in its case without loosening the adjusting arm again, meaning the balance adjustment would have to be redone for each use.

Additionally the clamp arms which secure the phone had the cutout notches placed too low so that the phone would not fit in them, even with the case removed, and the very sticky material which presses against the phone's back while it's in the clamp made getting a decent side-to-side balance tediously difficult.

The gimbal and its software would prbably be fine for smaller phones, notwithstanding the lack of manual camera settings for Android users.

Since the market trend is towards larger phones, it seems rather short sighted not to make allowances for them however. Definitely not recommended for Note owners or S8+ & S9+ owners.

I've returned it already, but hopefully that bit of feedback might be useful to you for the Osmo 3. ;-)

ianc
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to read on this, rest assured that this feedback will be forwarded to our engineers so that they can take a look on this scenario and come up with a resolution. Thank you.
2018-7-16
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Wow my Note 8 fits fine naked.  I know removing the case is annoying but I dont have a problem with it.  Do you remove the case to fly your Mavic or do you use another device to fly?
2018-7-17
Use props
ianc911
lvl.1
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 2018-7-17 09:08
Wow my Note 8 fits fine naked.  I know removing the case is annoying but I dont have a problem with it.  Do you remove the case to fly your Mavic or do you use another device to fly?

Hi Stride8

The S9+ will physically fit in the clamp, even with the case, it will just not balance properly.

I use a separate, dedicated device to fly my Magic Pro...

ianc
2018-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
United States

ianc911 Posted at 2018-7-17 13:07
Hi Stride8

The S9+ will physically fit in the clamp, even with the case, it will just not balance properly.

Gotcha.  That's to bad.. The OM2 is a nice gimble IMO.  Take a look at the other gimbles out on the market
2018-7-17
Use props
GeorgeGreek
First Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

My S9+ working perfect with om2. After the last update on Dji app, Added zoom sensitivity and allow me to create a dolly zoom effect! To remove the case every time it is not a problem for me.
2018-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer

GeorgeGreek Posted at 2018-7-17 14:59
My S9+ working perfect with om2. After the last update on Dji app, Added zoom sensitivity and allow me to create a dolly zoom effect! To remove the case every time it is not a problem for me.

I still find the zoom a little choppy..Which setting do you have your's on?
2018-7-17
Use props
liamski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

Works fine with my S9+, just have to take my Spigen case off (no issue). To fold it I need to move the adjusting arm, however I balanced my phone in the Gimbal and put a small pencil mark on the adjusting arm so I can quickly set it up each time without having to go through the balancing process each time....
2018-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules