No video on sd card!!
860 4 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bala56
lvl.2

[size=14.6667px]Hi. Hope someone can help with this problem? I took my 1st long flight the other day with video running. The video was 6 1/2 min long. I then landed and switched the machine off. Half an hour later i took off again and did 1 photo in pano mode. When i put my sd card into my imac only the pano photo was there! The video was cached into the ipad mini 2 that i fly with though. Can any of you guys tell me why the original video was missing from the card?? The sd is a SanDisk Extreme 32g. I'm almost sure i formatted it before flight.........
2018-7-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha bala,

Did you turn off the video before you turned off the Mavic Pro?  Normally, the Mavic Pro would interrupt the shut down process to turn off the video automatically, but maybe that did not happen for some reason.  Try it again with a short video and see what happens.

Record a short video and then shut down the aircraft and see if the video is on the Micro SD card.  Then record another short video and shut off the video before shutting down the aircraft and see if the video is on the Micro SD card.

BTW, unless you want to save videos on your Micro SD card, you should format your Micro SD card every time you fly.  It is kind of a test that the Micro SD card is working properly.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-7-18
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

If Cetacean is right (he could be) about a corrupted video file, you might be able to recover it.
I once shot down my Mavic Pro, before stopping recording, resulting in a corrupted file. I followed these instructions with great success.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-corrupt-videos/
2018-7-18
Use props
bala56
lvl.2

Thanks. I did put the video off with the controller button about 4 mins before landing. It shows on the ipad video cache. I have also done a very short video to test since then and it worked just fine. Today i ran a test on the sd card to see if it was fake but all is well with that too. I have formatted the card since the original video, so there will be nothing left to retrieve. Thank you for the retrieving tip though; i'll keep that handy!! I'm stumped really as to why that happened. Is it true that the mavic has an internal sd card and if so could this be interfering with the way it is saving the video?? Have i got some setting wrong perhaps??? Any help, tips, advice would be appreciated.
2018-7-18
Use props
bridgingloan
New

Pakistan

FlyDK Posted at 2018-7-18 01:42
If Cetacean is right (he could be) about a corrupted video file, you might be able to recover it.
I once shot down my Mavic Pro, before stopping recording, resulting in a corrupted file. I followed these instructions with great success.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-corrupt-videos/

Have you ever tried bridging loans? Click the link to have a dream house living in the UK https://www.kuflink.com/borrow/bridging-finance/

2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules