Can't roll 360 on heavy camera
6550 5 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zmkinviz
lvl.1

Hi, Seem like 360 roll on Ronin-S not working even my camera+lense is about 2kg.
(My camera is Nikon D610+14-24 F2.8) but when trying to 360 roll with Ronin-s ,
it go only half way and lose control, Roll axis stop, can't go back to center position, can't roll again.
Please see my sample video here:  

but when I change lense to NikonD610+50mm F1.8 about 1.1kg. It works fine with 360 roll.
Any solution here? Please help
Thank you

2018-7-16
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Have you done the auto tuning in the motor parameters?My setup @1.5kg has no problems at all.
2018-7-16
Use props
zmkinviz
lvl.1
Thailand

Yes I've done both balance test/auto tune. My (in vdo clip) is 2kg
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

zmkinviz Posted at 2018-7-16 19:39
Yes I've done both balance test/auto tune. My (in vdo clip) is 2kg

Sorry to read on your post, please make sure the gimbal has been balanced and setting are correct:
1. In the Ronin app, go to “Configuration”---”Control Settings”--- “Channels”, set CH3 to “Roll” and set the rest channels to N/A.
2. Use the Ronin-S with Flashlight mode.
3. Push the joystick left or right (which is the CH3) to enable the axis to make 360 turn.

If the issue persists, please make Auto Tune and the system calibration. Then try to raise the device by a unit (please refer to the following picture) or tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of the Pan motors is in the range of +/-5. If not, the gimbal was not balanced well, please balance again. 185516m6f95k10l1fo6llr.png 185522nt7727xxtllx0by3.png
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

This is a typical setup a lot of users will have on the Ronin-S. This is a Sony A7RIII with a Sony G-Master 24-70mm lens. With this weight, you can see how far back the pan arm adjustment needs to be to achieve a perfect balance.

Now what we're seeing are users balancing their cameras and forgetting to adjust the pan axis as seen in the image here. The gimbal may appear balanced because it's not swinging one way or the other but it's not. If you tilt the gimbal forward or backward or put it into flashlight mode, it will be extremely biased towards the rear of the camera. Just by looking at photos of setups, we can tell the gimbal isn't balanced because of how far forward the pan axis arm sits.

2018-7-17
Use props
fanseb487ff5
New
Flight distance : 292625 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-7-17 05:00
This is a typical setup a lot of users will have on the Ronin-S. This is a Sony A7RIII with a Sony G-Master 24-70mm lens. With this weight, you can see how far back the pan arm adjustment needs to be to achieve a perfect balance.

[view_image]

Finally I got it to work. Moving the pan axis to the correct position shown in the picture. Thanks for the help.
2019-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules