Panorama of Oslo Fjord near Vollen
707 11 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Yesterday was a really nice, calm day, and I went for a flight along the coast of Oslo fjord, near a small town of Vollen. Oysterctaches seem to have given up on chasing my Mavic, at least for this year, so I had a pleasant and relaxing 2-battery flight, doing some quick shot modes, causual flying and sports mode racing - setting my new personal speed record of 64.2km/h.

On this flight I also tried the panorama mode for the first time. The result, after stitching, was quite good, though a note to self - next time I should not have the polarising filter on when shooting a panorama series.

Panorama Vollen.jpg
2018-7-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

very nice  
2018-7-17
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

Nice shot and place also. I use manual settings (white balance too) when shotting panoramas, to avoid distinct settings to each picture.
2018-7-17
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

very nice work!
2018-7-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome shot      
2018-7-17
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Beautiful scenery.
Pano had great color.

Is that you in the lounge chair? Right of center and a little down on the rocks.
2018-7-17
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

BumblerBee
After taking a real closer zoom on it, I don't think it is you. No shoes and the eyes are closed.
2018-7-17
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

B1houdini Posted at 2018-7-17 08:11
BumblerBee
After taking a real closer zoom on it, I don't think it is you. No shoes and the eyes are closed.

Bingo Would have been difficult to fly with closed eyes.

I would have been at the very bottom of the picture on the pier (right under the drone), but became so distorted that opted for cropping myself out. The orange landing pad did not add to the image either.
2018-7-17
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

MWitarsa Posted at 2018-7-17 05:23
Nice shot and place also. I use manual settings (white balance too) when shotting panoramas, to avoid distinct settings to each picture.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that some time.

It looks like Mavic DNG and AutoPano between them managed to get the correct exposure throughout the image (can't really do much about the polariser edges, though). Wouldn't manual setting result in some part of the image being overexposed, and some underexposed, particularly on a bright sunny day like that one?
2018-7-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Great shot, thank you!
2018-7-17
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-7-17 08:30
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that some time.

It looks like Mavic DNG and AutoPano between them managed to get the correct exposure throughout the image (can't really do much about the polariser edges, though). Wouldn't manual setting result in some part of the image being overexposed, and some underexposed, particularly on a bright sunny day like that one?

Yes, you are right, it could result under and over exposed areas. But I think it would look more "natural" than a possible "mosaic".
2018-7-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice pano.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now