Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera controls not working properly
1369 15 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TotalDamnNoob
lvl.1
United States

I just bought my Spark new, on July 4th. It flies fine, but the camera seems to do what it wants. Video starts recording before it even takes off. Pressing the button on the RC, or tapping the screen on my Nexus 6 does nothing. So I end up with a bunch of s#!t video, because the timer shows that it's recording, when it's not, or it won't record when I want it to. And since I can't stop recording, I can't switch over to stills. I have tried unpairing it and pairing it again, but that didn't seem to make much difference. At this point, I feel like I should have bought a real drone, and not a toy, since it's only good for flying, and not photos or video. So I'd really welcome some suggestions.
2018-7-16
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear that you have issues with your drone. Please make sure your drone and batteries are updated to latest firmware and DJI Go 4 is the latest version for your device.

It sound like your Nexus 6 causing the issue. Did you open a support ticket with DJI ?
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear that. Would you please provide a short video for evaluation? You could upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here. Thank you for your support.
2018-7-17
Use props
TotalDamnNoob
lvl.1
United States

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-7-17 02:23
Sorry to hear that you have issues with your drone. Please make sure your drone and batteries are updated to latest firmware and DJI Go 4 is the latest version for your device.

It sound like your Nexus 6 causing the issue. Did you open a support ticket with DJI ?

I haven't opened a ticket yet. Was hoping someone here could offer some advice first. Go and firmware are latest versions. It really shouldn't be the phone, but I got a Pixel, just in case. Of course, I can't use it until I get a new OTG cable.

2018-7-17
Use props
TotalDamnNoob
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-17 02:32
Hi there, sorry to hear that. Would you please provide a short video for evaluation? You could upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here. Thank you for your support.

You want me to shoot a video of my RC not working properly?
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TotalDamnNoob Posted at 2018-7-17 17:42
You want me to shoot a video of my RC not working properly?

Hi, I would like to ask, did you try to use a different mobile device to isolate the issue if it's the RC or the phone? did you try to uninstall the application and re-install it back again? please save important files before deleting the app.
2018-7-18
Use props
TotalDamnNoob
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-18 09:52
Hi, I would like to ask, did you try to use a different mobile device to isolate the issue if it's the RC or the phone? did you try to uninstall the application and re-install it back again? please save important files before deleting the app.

I got to work early this morning, and used a Pixel XL instead of my Nexus 6 to get some aerial shots of our building. Everything seemed to work okay. So I will do some more testing, and perhaps the RC just didn't want to play nice with my phone. On a side note, one of my photos made its way to the president of the company, and now he wants me to take more for our marketing department.  
2018-7-18
Use props
Maurice654
New

India

For the camera to work correctly in studio–assuming no plugins are taking control of it–it has to be set to CameraType: Fixed. One thing that can sometimes occur when clicking around is accidentally giving focus to a dropdown and then changing the value unexpectedly with the keyboard or mouse wheel krogerfeedback.com
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TotalDamnNoob Posted at 2018-7-18 16:05
I got to work early this morning, and used a Pixel XL instead of my Nexus 6 to get some aerial shots of our building. Everything seemed to work okay. So I will do some more testing, and perhaps the RC just didn't want to play nice with my phone. On a side note, one of my photos made its way to the president of the company, and now he wants me to take more for our marketing department.

That's great to know, Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
TotalDamnNoob
lvl.1
United States

Maurice654 Posted at 2018-7-18 23:33
For the camera to work correctly in studio–assuming no plugins are taking control of it–it has to be set to CameraType: Fixed. One thing that can sometimes occur when clicking around is accidentally giving focus to a dropdown and then changing the value unexpectedly with the keyboard or mouse wheel krogerfeedback.com

I'm guessing you posted this in the wrong thread.
2018-7-21
Use props
TotalDamnNoob
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-19 08:24
That's great to know, Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.

Had a couple more successful flights, and it continues to function properly now. Thanks!
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TotalDamnNoob Posted at 2018-7-21 16:05
Had a couple more successful flights, and it continues to function properly now. Thanks!

That's great to know, thanks for updates. Have a safe flight!
2018-7-22
Use props
sirnocares
New

Pakistan

Take Krogerfeedback Survey & Win 50 Bonus Fuel Points. This Customer Survey is the online Feedback which is initiated by Kroger Store just to improve the standards.
2019-3-8
Use props
saleha123
New

Pakistan

Sorry to learn that you have issues with your automaton. It would be ideal if you ensure jazz daily call packages in Pakistan your automaton and batteries are refreshed to most recent firmware and DJI Go 4 is the most recent form for your gadget.  
It seem like your Nexus 6 causing the issue. Did you open a help ticket with DJI ?
2019-4-4
Use props
Eatsro
lvl.1

Pakistan

Maurice654 Posted at 2018-7-18 23:33
For the camera to work correctly in studio–assuming no plugins are taking control of it–it has to be set to CameraType: Fixed. One thing that can sometimes occur when clicking around is accidentally giving focus to a dropdown and then changing the value unexpectedly with the keyboard or mouse wheel krogerfeedback.com

well agree with you. But please give a short video of processing it to us? You could give us a link to that video via you tube or something like  Google Drive.  Much obliged to you for your sign board.
2019-5-4
Use props
SaraWatson
New

This post is really very helpful me as I was looking for this query so long. Thank you all for your efforts and resolving my problem.  
2019-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules