Lake Louise, Banff National Park as never seen before!
1308 25 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

We just come back from an amazing trip to Banff National Park, here you can see what we filmed. Enjoy Lake Louise and Plain of Six Glacier.

Lake Louise is one of the main attraction of Banff National Park. This spectacular place attracts many tourists from all over the world thanks for its turquoise water that is even more valuable during the summer. Plain of Six Glaciers is an amazing hike that offers incredible views. This glacier silt or rock flour is what the light reflects off of in the lake and gives it the beautiful turquoise color.

2018-7-16
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Now THAT is what I call a SWEET video!!! Great music, nice quick scenes, good variety of angles, loved it!!!

Have to ask, what did it take to get a permit / exemption from Transport Canada to fly your bird up there? The entire area is a NFZ for recreational pilots, and I don't see even SFOC Compliant Operator license levels as being allowed to fly there...

Also, did you use any sort of filter on your MA, like a CPL or ND?

Cheers
2018-7-16
Use props
rawright54
lvl.4
United States

Beautiful place! It brings back memories of a family vacation in 1971. I just got my driver permit (15 yo) and we were towing a trailer. Dad let me drive the stretch from BC to Banff, then we hit the tourist spots. We did the skyway, but Lake Louse was too crowded and expensive. Not far away was Moraine Lake, just as beautiful, and we had it mostly to ourselves!
2018-7-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good work!
2018-7-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

wow very nice video love it
2018-7-17
Use props
Esk534
First Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Beautiful place very nice movie..
2018-7-17
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

wow very nice work!
2018-7-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning piece of work   
2018-7-17
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-16 20:42
Now THAT is what I call a SWEET video!!! Great music, nice quick scenes, good variety of angles, loved it!!!

Have to ask, what did it take to get a permit / exemption from Transport Canada to fly your bird up there? The entire area is a NFZ for recreational pilots, and I don't see even SFOC Compliant Operator license levels as being allowed to fly there...

Hey! Thank you so much for taking the time to, watch it. We are really glad you liked it! We actually used the ND4 from the dji filter set. It was pretty usefull in that light condition especially shooting with the snow. Lake Louise is amazing at the sunrise.
2018-7-17
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

Hey! Thank you so much for taking the time to, watch it. We are really glad you liked it! We actually used the ND4 from the dji filter set. It was pretty usefull in that light condition especially shooting with the snow. Lake Louise is amazing at the sunrise.
2018-7-17
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

rawright54 Posted at 2018-7-16 20:54
Beautiful place! It brings back memories of a family vacation in 1971. I just got my driver permit (15 yo) and we were towing a trailer. Dad let me drive the stretch from BC to Banff, then we hit the tourist spots. We did the skyway, but Lake Louse was too crowded and expensive. Not far away was Moraine Lake, just as beautiful, and we had it mostly to ourselves!

Nothing has really changed, Lake Louise is still very expensive but we are working on a blog post where we share few tips to make your holiday a bit cheaper and still remarkable. Just subscribe to our newsletter at www.slowlyanywhere.com to be updated. We love bringing up peoples memories. Glad you enjoied it!
2018-7-17
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

Thank you so much!
2018-7-17
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-7-17 04:36
wow very nice video love it

Cheers! Banff National park is just amazing
2018-7-17
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

Esk534 Posted at 2018-7-17 04:42
Beautiful place very nice movie..

Oh yes, we wish we could stey there a bit longer. Glad you likes the video
2018-7-17
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

Oooh thank you so much!
2018-7-17
Use props
Slowly Anywhere
lvl.4

A CW Posted at 2018-7-17 06:21
Stunning piece of work

Stunning location thank you so much!
2018-7-17
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was thinking the same, he sorta skipped over part 2 Ed None the less, very very nice up there eh?
2018-7-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Great video thanks for sharing.
2018-7-17
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Awesome video.
The scenery was extremely beautiful.
You did a real nice job with the editing and the music went well with the video.
2018-7-17
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

you are very welcome
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Slowly Anywhere Posted at 2018-7-17 17:01

Good to know! If I may add to that, next time if you ever take videos of mountains with snow on a bright sunny day, might want to try out a pair of PolarPro Cinema Series ND/CPL filters:

https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-air-filters-and-accessories/products/dji-mavic-air-filters-6-pack-cinema-series

It'll help cut down on the reflectivity of the snow and improve exposure across the frame!

Also, what about your permits for the flight? What did you need to do to obtain them? I really want to know as I'd kill to have the opportunity to fly my bird up there one day, that is, once it starts working properly

Cheers
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-7-17 17:09
I was thinking the same, he sorta skipped over part 2 Ed  None the less, very very nice up there eh?

Yes, I've only been up there once, but it was the trip of a lifetime! It really takes your breath away when you see that awesome display of nature's beauty!
2018-7-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

You're welcome
2018-7-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft