Assistant Application has stopped working
884 4 2018-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Hi,

I have received my 3rd Spark battery, so I wanted to do the firmvare refresh as usual with new batteries.

About 2 months ago I did the same with my 2nd battery and it all worked fine.

But today with the same PC, same settings, etc. the firmware refresh failed every time... At download 100% the Windows pop up says: Assistant Application has stopped working.

I realized there is a newer version of the DJI Assistant (BTW it would be nice to include an autoupdate as I have not received any notification whatsoever that there is a new version available).

So I installed 1.2.4 and now at 99% I get the same: Assistant Application has stopped working.

Can anybody help me out here... Is the Spark flyable now, or am I in between the firmware installations? It is nopt clear if this failed with the donwload or the install...

Thank you.
2018-7-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is that just with the new battery or with all of them?
2018-7-16
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-16 21:41
Is that just with the new battery or with all of them?

Hi,

Well I wanted to do it for this battery only, but then tried with the older one and it failed too.

I am wondering if the "refresh" button is always available in Assitant or only if a refresh is needed?

Nevertheless it failed a couple of times though no changes have been made to my Spark or the PC.

Cheers
2018-7-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-7-16 21:45
Hi,

Well I wanted to do it for this battery only, but then tried with the older one and it failed too.

I think it ("refresh" button) is always there!

Try to downgrade the firmware for a test.
If that works, upgrade again!
2018-7-16
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Hungary

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-16 22:01
I think it ("refresh" button) is always there!

Try to downgrade the firmware for a test.

Hi,

I wanted to see if the AC works properly after all this and apparently it does.

I have had just a quick indoor hover but it worked.

Also the battery firmware seems to have updated via the GO App as it shows the same version number as my other two batteries (something ending to 85).

The refresh is still not working but for now I do not wish to bother as I am off to vacation soon and I need my drone to be in a flyable status

Cheers
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules