Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Constant Errors in App
747 4 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisdutton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14511 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I bought my Spark a few months ago, each time I use it I get different errors on the screen like:

image transmission signal weak or loss of signal.

Due to this, I have been too scared to go too high or far. I went up to Rivington, which is in North England in Horwich and had error after error. I have just downloaded the logs and there is not one error when I looked on:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ or https://app.airdata.com/

Has anyone else had this issue?

I am using the combo, so using the remote controller on an Android Samsung S7 Edge. I always fly in flight mode with my Bluetooth off.

I have the latest firmware on the Spark and the latest app version too.

Attached are my log files.

Sorry if this is not enough info. I love the drone, but scared when it flashes and instantly decide to come back in case I lose it.

rivington.zip

816.88 KB, Down times: 1

2018-7-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Chris

Had a look at your 3 flights, no errors at all. Only 1 disconnect at autotakeoff, wich is bit strange.
I had few times a exit GPS mode warning but not seen in the flightdata.

If your mobile device can handle it i suggest you fly with a screen recorder active (i use DU recorder).
This way you can compare your GoApp screen messages against the flightrecord data, and if you want inform/ask DJI why they differ.

cheers
JJB
2018-7-17
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14511 ft
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-17 02:56
Hi Chris

Had a look at your 3 flights, no errors at all. Only 1 disconnect at autotakeoff, wich is bit strange.

Hi

Yes, I think I will give that a go. I have been looking at the WIFI settings. I have only ever kept this on Auto, but I have been reading that people like to choose 2.4ghz instead of the 5.8ghz... if I am honest, I have no clue the difference and what this effect does... I am currently reading loads of blogs trying to find a decent explanation on it.
2018-7-17
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

On 2.4 ghz you should get more distance than on 5.8 ghz. But the 2.4 band is crowded so mayby more change of distortion if flying in congested area.
Not many android phones can use the 5.8 ghz band, so if you switch manually to the 2.4 (RC<>drone) the app wants to connect on 5.8 with your phone.
If your phone doesn`t connect you need to reset the connection again.

cheers
JJB
2018-7-17
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

Well, I have the usual recommendations:
Turn off phone's bluetooth and remove your bluetooth watch/fitness tracker.
I had a few similar issues when wearing mine.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules