CONTROLLER micro usb
1901 23 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob1uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133894 ft
United Kingdom

HI had my mavic air for just 4 months and sick of you idiots banging in about fitting the cable into the micro usb port correctly we are all not thick you know and if you read on and realise all you dumb so perfect people it is a well known faulty part that muppets at dji should fix for free for everyone or even have the decencey to send us a new replacement micro usb port for free it is missinterpritation of a perfect £750 peice of equiptment as I have been told by the UK consumer services
2018-7-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Kindly explain what your problem is. I am one of these "dumb idiots" as you call us who does not understand your post. Did you forget to use the little adaptor that comes with it and have forced the USB C plug into the Micro USB port? Or did you use the adaptor but have forced it in the wrong way (DJI logo has to be on the top side)? The language used and typing in your post above suggest that you might have a handicap with reading printed text such as a manual. But maybe people around you could help with that. You can also find lots of tutorial videos on e.g. Youtube and the DJI website.
2018-7-17
Use props
rob1uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133894 ft
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-17 03:34
Kindly explain what your problem is. I am one of these "dumb idiots" as you call us who does not understand your post. Did you forget to use the little adaptor that comes with it and have forced the USB C plug into the Micro USB port? Or did you use the adaptor but have forced it in the wrong way (DJI logo has to be on the top side)? The language used and typing in your post above suggest that you might have a handicap with reading printed text such as a manual. But maybe people around you could help with that. You can also find lots of tutorial videos on e.g. Youtube and the DJI website.

I want to speak to your manager you  obviously should not be giving your comments if you are too incapable to reply in the right manner people pay good money and you are calling us thick yes we do know how to input the cable its your cheap parts that people are fed up with we pay good money for rubbish service
2018-7-17
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

rob1uk Posted at 2018-7-17 05:41
I want to speak to your manager you  obviously should not be giving your comments if you are too incapable to reply in the right manner people pay good money and you are calling us thick yes we do know how to input the cable its your cheap parts that people are fed up with we pay good money for rubbish service

Well this is a user forum. Your reply to mr Wachtberger, one of the kindest and most helpful members, is at least to say very rude.
If you can explain your problem in a decent way, most forum members will be very helpful.
2018-7-17
Use props
Tooter Turtle
Second Officer
United States

Never any problems here myself
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please tell us more about the problem that you having right now?  We are here to help you.
2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not got over the World Cup yet, ;+) most people have no problem with it, you know what they say about the Bull in the China shop. Hehe.......
2018-7-17
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-17 03:34
Kindly explain what your problem is. I am one of these "dumb idiots" as you call us who does not understand your post. Did you forget to use the little adaptor that comes with it and have forced the USB C plug into the Micro USB port? Or did you use the adaptor but have forced it in the wrong way (DJI logo has to be on the top side)? The language used and typing in your post above suggest that you might have a handicap with reading printed text such as a manual. But maybe people around you could help with that. You can also find lots of tutorial videos on e.g. Youtube and the DJI website.

I think the original poster wants to talk to your wife
All jokes aside though, the micro port on the side of the remote is a way to fragile connector port and can definitely be considered a design flaw. They should have made it USB-C or a propriety port.
2018-7-17
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wachtberger and his crappy USB designs again hey? Sir I do not meant to mock you but in order to get some help my mother always told me to ask kindly. I understand you are experiencing some sort of issue and generally people here are very open to share their expertise, but with an attitude like this all i can say is good luck to you.
2018-7-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

I am very sorry to have to inform you that my manager (my wife) is on vacation (family visit) since yesterday. Nevertheless I am still the CEO ;-) Not the CEO of DJI unfortunately, because if I was, I would not only be flying a little Mavic Air, but also the Inspire 2 and all the other top gear.
If you could simply explain what has happened for you personally, there will be other users and DJI staff here willing to assist you, honestly! And never having seen a picture of you, I wonder why you believe that we imagine you being thick?
2018-7-17
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Just wondering if there was a "help" question in your post?
Or just a complaint?

2018-7-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-17 13:14
I think the original poster wants to talk to your wife
All jokes aside though, the micro port on the side of the remote is a way to fragile connector port and can definitely be considered a design flaw. They should have made it USB-C or a propriety port.

Coming from the Spark, I fully agree to that, but I lack the technical knowledge if a USB C port is suitable for charging as well. There might be a technical reason why it is still a Micro USB port for charging the RC. Nevertheless I consider it a major progress that the port on MA is USB C and not Micro USB as it is with Spark. So at least I am safe when connecting my aircraft for data transfer. And hopefully a better solution for the RC can be found too.
2018-7-17
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Wow... and people complain about how people from Texas talk.  LOL..  Just kidding..
2018-7-17
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

What a tool.
2018-7-17
Use props
Jack Beans
lvl.2

United States

The guy is just having a bad air day...forgive the lad
2018-7-17
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Seems people are really nice here to help others. I won’t reply to the person don’t know how to speak the right language. I feel sorry for his mother didn’t teach him the right way to ask for help.
2018-7-17
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-17 13:56
Coming from the Spark, I fully agree to that, but I lack the technical knowledge if a USB C port is suitable for charging as well. There might be a technical reason why it is still a Micro USB port for charging the RC. Nevertheless I consider it a major progress that the port on MA is USB C and not Micro USB as it is with Spark. So at least I am safe when connecting my aircraft for data transfer. And hopefully a better solution for the RC can be found too.

The trouble, like I see it mostly, is the fact they use the port as a dual functional port. If they added an dedicated charge port, either it being USB-C, or even micro USB, they would cut down broken port cases by half instantly.
2018-7-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-20 10:35
The trouble, like I see it mostly, is the fact they use the port as a dual functional port. If they added an dedicated charge port, either it being USB-C, or even micro USB, they would cut down broken port cases by half instantly.

Again I fully agree and hope that things will evolve in a good direction.
2018-7-20
Use props
jptrenque
New
Flight distance : 187927 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-20 12:36
Again I fully agree and hope that things will evolve in a good direction.

Actually I'm one of the "muppets" who must have plugged it the wrong way one day (can't remember). I do however remember the little plastic tab inside the micro usb bending and then one day, just breaking off. And although I can't condone the language at the top of the post, I have to agree it's a poor design to say the least.

I have just tried to fill in the form to send the controller for repair and it sounds as if I need to post it to from the UK to the Netherlands ? I showed it to a local electronics repair place and apparently, they can't get the part to fix it.
2018-8-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

jptrenque Posted at 2018-8-3 05:46
Actually I'm one of the "muppets" who must have plugged it the wrong way one day (can't remember). I do however remember the little plastic tab inside the micro usb bending and then one day, just breaking off. And although I can't condone the language at the top of the post, I have to agree it's a poor design to say the least.

I have just tried to fill in the form to send the controller for repair and it sounds as if I need to post it to from the UK to the Netherlands ? I showed it to a local electronics repair place and apparently, they can't get the part to fix it.

Too bad that this has happened. If you have opened a support/repair case with DJI, I believe they will send you the shipping label.
2018-8-3
Use props
Jim80h
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8668 ft
Australia

Hi All. My helpful son buggered my USB port. I was wondering if anyone has been able to source the replacement board.  I was quoted approx AU$175 to replace a part they said was $25. I feel that I am not only getting ripped of by the service centre, but DJI as well for using such a terrible part in the first place.
2018-11-7
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

rob1uk Posted at 7-17 05:41

What a bloody idiot you are!
2018-11-7
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

If your only intention is to provoke other members then I suggest you find yourself another forum. We are more than happy to assist you and answer any of your questions. But with the way you approach us now it is simply not tempting. Anyhow; of course having a USB Type-C for charging DJI RC's would be a huge improvement (and not hard to implement at all), but I really do not see how the MicroUSB charging port is that big of an issue.
2018-11-7
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

Wachtberger Posted at 7-17 13:44
I am very sorry to have to inform you that my manager (my wife) is on vacation (family visit) since yesterday. Nevertheless I am still the CEO ;-) Not the CEO of DJI unfortunately, because if I was, I would not only be flying a little Mavic Air, but also the Inspire 2 and all the other top gear.
If you could simply explain what has happened for you personally, there will be other users and DJI staff here willing to assist you, honestly! And never having seen a picture of you, I wonder why you believe that we imagine you being thick?

Mr. Wachtberger, I am on your side, a very intelligent answer with a bit sarcasm,, that I understand. My mother language isn't English, probably a reason I couldn't catch the initial message. Anyway I never had any kind of problem using USB with RC.
2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules